Round white tip and swelling? (Photo)

I am 5 months post op, open rhinoplasty, hump removal and tip reshaping and have just started to notice the tip of my nose is white, shiny and quite round and hard. Can you tell if I still have swelling on my tip and lower portion of my nose. Im hoping it will slim down more especially on the sides.

5 months post op

The tip is the last place to totally settle.  It will go through a phase where it is rock hard - and then slowly will soften up.  as this happens you will know that the nose is beginning to heal.  It can take a full year or more for things to settle! It all depends on what was done during your surgery, how your skin naturally heals, etc.  For now, the best thing to do is be patient and enjoy your new nose! 

Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tip issue

It can take a year or more for the swelling to settle down. Best of luck................................

Tip swelling at 5 months post op

The tip of the nose is often the last place to heal. At 5 months post op, yes, your tip is probably still swollen given your description. It can take some patients up to a year to see their final results. Don't panic. Be patient, The swelling will resolve in time.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Swelling , some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.

Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Round white tip and swelling? (Photo)

The process of healing in rhinoplasty takes at least a year as the skin "shrink wraps" to the underlying structure. At 5 months you definitely have still some degree of tip swelling that will improve over the coming 6 or 7 months. Hope that helps!

Jeffrey Watson, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon