Had implants done twice then had them taken out 25 yrs ago, can anything be done to fix my breasts? Implants? (photos)

1st was too small then went too big One of my implants went hard kept ripping scar tissue and coming out as l had alot of scar tissue .? Would it be worth having implants again . dont care about scars and woild there be any post op complications. WHat approx cost ?

Correcting Deformity Following Implant Removal

From your photos it appears to me that you would benefit from either a vertical or periareolar breast lift to address sagging and old scars.  This would lift the breasts and create a youthful shape.  If you desired to be larger, depending on the size increase, you could have a small to moderate sized implant or fat grafting, at the same time as the lift.  Obviously, a personal consultation is necessary to evaluate your present condition and make specific recommendations.

Breast Surgery

Thank you for your question

After an evaluation to see what would be the correct option for you I definitely think there's a solution for you. Im sure it can be fixed with great results.

Regards....

Disnalda Matos, MD

Breast revisionary surgery

I see cases like yours all the time. There are a few options based on the photos (obviously an in person exam is needed). All options require a lift but from there could be just a lift, a lift with fat grafting (good for minor size change) or if you wanted a larger size I would place new implants along with an acellular dermal matrix like Strattice (maybe fat grafting as well). Whatever you decide you need to see a board certified plastic surgeon with experience in breast corrections. You should be able to get a great result in one surgery although I caution all of the complex revision cases that minor corrections may be needed

Jason Pozner, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift and fat grafting

I am sorry about your past experience with implants.The would offer breast lift and fat grafting if you want more correction than enlargement. Please see the link

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Breast revision after impalnt removals.

Hi, hope things are good down under.

Thank you for your question and your photos. Take everything I say with a grain of salt because an in person exam is really important to evaluate the quality of your breast tissue.

When I see a patient with the kind of irregularity is see in your photos my first thought is that both side need a change in shape to create a new clean slate. Depending upon how I could manipulate the tissues  I would want to be able to perform a full bilateral breast lift.  A full breast lift allows the most reshaping of the breast. Sometimes underlying areas need to be manipulated to fill in voids and irregularities.

Once you have a better starting situation implants could be placed later. In your situation I would not combine implants at the same sitting as I think it would lend more variability to your outcome.  In patients such as yourself I have found that many do not even go onto implants again. They are happy just having a normal shaped breast again.

I hope this is helpful. 

Adam Tattelbaum, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Can anything be done now?

This  is a very complex issue and unfortunately will take as much as 2 to 3 surgeries in order to end up with a cosmetically appropriate result. Without examining you to establish the playability and compliance (softness) of your breast skin and soft  tissues, it is difficult to establish a plan for certain. However, having seen patients similar to you, I would suggest the first procedure to include scar revision and placing expanders to restretch the skin. Next, a second surgery will be performed to remove the expanders  and place soft textured silicone implants. A third procedure may be required, if necessary, for defining the breast with your own fat grafting. Because this is all cosmetic, and insurance will not pay for any of this, the price will be significant. The entire three-step procedure may cost as much is $20-$25,000.  I would start with 2 to 3 consultations from expert plastic surgeons and determine your best course of action.

Erez Sternberg, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Lots.

You have many options to improve the appearance of your breasts, and get you to feel a lot better about the way the appear. It is best for you to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon who can discuss your options during an in-person evaluation. 

Based on your photos alone, you will need a bilateral mastopexy (breast lift), which will eliminate the scars and most if not all of your asymmetry. You will probably also benefit from having new implants inserted (size and type to be determined) depending on how large you would like to be. This can be done at the same time, or in two stages, and your plastic surgeon will review with you the advantages and disadvantages of each approach. 

You have already demonstrated a propensity to form capsular contracture (hardening) and this needs to be taken into account as you review your options. It is probably a very good idea to consider a two stage approach to see if you are happy without implants. If you are, you have saved a significant amount of money and potential for the need for more future surgery. 

Take your time, do your research, and be open to more than one consultation and opinion before you schedule any surgery. Best of luck to you. 

Ram Kalus, MD
Mount Pleasant Plastic Surgeon

Lift

Your best option is to undergo a lift or mastopexy.  This will remove the scars and reshape and lift your breasts.  You have ample breast tissue and do not need an implant for a nice result. 

Reconstructive surgery after failed breast augmentation

Sorry to hear about your complications.  It is definitely possible to improve the appearance of your breasts with surgery.  Assuming the breast tissues are soft, you should be able to get a very pleasing result as long as you select a surgeon who is experienced in complex cases such as yours.  It's impossible to give you a cost estimate because it's unclear exactly what you would want done.  There are various options (breast lift? implants? fat grafting?) so be sure to discuss them with your PS and that he or she has a good understanding of your desired "look".

Can anything be done to fix my breasts?

Thank you for the question and pictures. Yes,  I think that revisionary breast surgery may be very helpful to you; this will likely involve breast re augmentation/lifting surgery.   With a well planned and executed procedure, you will likely be able to improve breast  symmetry/shape significantly.   This type of revisionary breast surgery does require significant experience; select your plastic surgeon carefully. Then, communicate your goals carefully as well. Working together you will come up with a good plan to achieve an outcome that you will be happy with. Best wishes.