6th week post, a little pain/tenderness/discomfort on right breasts when trying to lay on the sides. Is this normal?

Hi Dr's, I am now 3 days and 6th week post op with my breast augmentation. Im a right handed, and sleeps on the right side of the bed. When I start lay on my sides, my right breast tends to get a lil bit painful/ discomfort and feels like it gets tender for a minute on top of my middle upper right breast and when laying back on my back. Is this normal? When laying on my back is all good though. Thanks, 275cc under muscle. Im a ladyboy btw and I am on hormone pills at night.

Hypersensitivity post breast augmentation surgery

Hi there,

It is not uncommon to have some degree of hypersensitivities or even pain/tenderness/discomfort in the first 2-3 month recovery post breast augmentation surgery. As the nerves are trying to regenerate, some form of hypersensitivities can be expected especially in certain positions of recovery.

However if there is any persistent or worsening symptoms , it'll be best to consult your surgeon for further advice. 

Best wishes

Ellis Choy

Thank
you for the question. You are still in
the post operation recovery stage. It is
not uncommon to feel numbness, hypersensitivity, pain, itchiness, and slight
abnormalities during this period. It
usually takes about 2-3 months for the wounds to heal and around 4-6 months for
the implants to fully settle. It would always
be best to visit your board-certified plastic surgeon and get a full assessment
for your concerns. Best of luck. Dr.
Michael Omidi. An
in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon is the best way to assess
your needs and provide true medical advice.

Michael M. Omidi, MD, FACS

Post op concerns

You should probably consult with your surgeon as there is a change in your recovery process. 

Tingling, burning or shooting pains, which will disappear with time and should not alarm you, indicate regeneration of the sensory nerves. If these sensations cause pain, repeated, local self-massage helps.

Breast Augmentation Pain

Hi janm233976

It is not uncommon to experience mild pain and tenderness at this stage post surgery.  In saying this, healing time is different for each patient so be sure to consult with your surgeon with any questions or concerns.  Perhaps, call the clinic and speak to the Registered Nurse who will discuss your concerns with the surgeon if required.  

Dr Mark 

Mark A. Doyle, MBBS, FRACS
Brisbane Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation / Breast Implants / Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/ Revision Breast Surgery

I appreciate your question.

Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Post op pain

The pains you have described are very common in the first several months after breast surgery.  With time, these issues typically lessen and resolve.  Inform your surgeon of theses issues and notify him/her if they become worse.  Good luck.

Breast Augmentation pain

It is not uncommon to still have some pain at this point. You body is still healing from the surgery. Continue to follow your surgeons instructions and contact him or her if the pain becomes worse or you have any concerns, Best of luck.

Breast pain after augmentation

Thank you for your question. Even at 6 weeks, it is not uncommon for patients to still complain about occasional discomfort or short periods of pain. This tends to get better by the 3 month mark. I would continue w/ the bra support, and follow up w/ your surgeon. Best wishes.

Paul J. Leahy, MD
Leawood Plastic Surgeon