Can veneers be shaven down to create a symmetrical smile? Can I get an implant to fill a gap in my smile (right side)? (photo)

My teeth are slightly off-centre and the shape of each tooth enhances this. I would like to even out every tooth so the off-centre isn't obvious. Or, what can be done? I'm so conscious, am becoming shy to speak or smile and laugh whole heartedly. Worse of all, my smile muscles are not evenly strong either - left lifts up higher than right. I've tried Botox to relax the left but i rather change my teeth now.

#Veneers for symmetrical smile #DrSoftTouch

Hello there,
It is possible to correct a midline shift by using porcelain veneers if the midline shift is small. A greater midline shift is more difficult to treat and can only be minimized using veneers. The best thing to do is get a veneer consult at an excellent cosmetic dental office. I would recommend really analyzing before and after photos of actual patients of the doctor that you are considering. Any dentist that has done hundreds or thousands of these cases should have at least 10 to 20 great before and after photos. They will give you a pretty good indication about what you can expect. I'll attach a link of a patient of mine who's already beautiful smile was greatly enhanced using porcelain veneers. Good luck and I hope this info helps you. Follow me if you have more questions.

Sarah Thompson, DMD
St. Louis, MO Area (O'Fallon, IL)
RealSelf100