Can a surgeon who is expert in rhinoplasty do all types of noses? or should s/he be expert in my nose type (African)? (photo)

I am a 40 years old women of an African ethnicity. I am considering rhinoplasty. I live in Melbourne, Australia, and would like very much to have the surgery done in Melbourne. However, I could not find any doctor in Melbourne who is experienced with ethnic rhinoplasty. I want my nose to look refined but natural and suitable for my face. Should I go with any doctor with good reviews (African nose is like any other nose) or should I keep looking and expand my search?

Can a surgeon who is expert in rhinoplasty do all types of noses? or should s/he be expert in my nose type (African)?

Thank you for your question and images. You are likely to see more african ethnic rhinoplasty before and after images on American Plastic Surgeons site as there is a relatively smaller population here is Australia. Saying that a surgeon who specialises in rhinoplasty will usually have the skill set to deliver the changes that your are requesting. Talk to your surgeon, ask to see some before and after images and check where they did their training. If they worked in the United States they will likely have completed a large number of african rhinoplasties. 

#rhinoplasty

Hi. An experienced rhinoplasty surgeon should be happy to do your rhinoplasty. I dont think you need a specialist in ethnic noses as the fundamentals of surgery are the same. There are significant differences which will be discussed with you at your consultation. For example an ala base reduction is more common in african and asian noses. Regards