Does the space width between my breast seem normal? (photo)

I'm 13 days post op and am really hoping the space will close more and I'll have better cleavage after the drop and fluff stage as I have barely any cleavage at the moment. I know it's very early to tell but just wanted to grab an opinion on it

Anatomy

The best way to answer your question is to look at the pictures before your surgery. The intermammary distance before and after surgery does not typically change. The breast implants will fill out the medial edges of your breast so that eventually in a bra your cleavage will be more noticeable but the space is the same.
Hope this helps,

Dr. Ravi Somayazula

Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation/ Breast Implants/ Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/Silicone Implants/Revision Breast Surgery

I appreciate your question.

Right now, you are very early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Please Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you at this time. Then reassess final result at 6 months.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute
#RealSelf100Surgeon

Width between implants

Thank you for your question and yes, your implants seem appropriately placed.  The cleavage is determine by your anatomy.  The implants do add volume and help delineate the cleavage, but over dissection in the center can cause synmastia and a uni-boob which no one wants.  All the best, 

Keshav Magge, MD
Bethesda Plastic Surgeon

Does the space width between my breast seem normal?

Congratulations on having undergone the breast augmentation procedure.Yes, the space between your breasts does seem normal. Remember, that  breast implants are placed such that the nipple/areola complexes are centered on each breast mound.   In other words, it seems like your plastic surgeon has done a nice job for you. Best wishes for an that you will be pleased with longer-term.

Position of breasts is largely set at birth

The position of your breasts is largely set at birth.  It is known as the breast footplate and is where the breast grows from your chest.  The other contributing factor is the shape of your ribs. The breast position can be altered slightly with breast augmentation surgery but an over aggressive dissection leads to a disastrous synmastia (uniboob).  This is not something anyone wants.  Sometimes if the implant is below the muscle it is a little farther apart because of the muscle insertion on the sternum...again it is you anatomy and not easily adjusted.  

That said, your result to date looks great.  Let everything settle down for a few months before giving is the final judgement, but overall it should do well.  I would suggest doing nothing.  A little fat grafting medially is an option but again I would probably leave a great result alone and not do anything.

Dr Rodger Shortt
Oakville Plastic Surgeon
Assistant Clinical Professor &
Director of Cosmetic Surgery Training Program,
McMaster University

Oakville, Burlington, Georgetown, Milton, Mississauga, Hamilton, and Toronto.

Rodger Shortt, FRCSC

Cleavage

It is too early to tell if you will receive the cleavage you desire. In my practice the patients are instructed to wear tight compression brassiere to help bring the implants to the midline. Consult with your plastic surgeon for concerns.

Stuart A. Linder, MD, FACS

Breast space

It is way too early to judge your look, but the space seems normal. Right now, there will be swelling that is difficult to really evaluate your final result. The space bw your breasts is typically based on biology. Especially if the implants were placed under the muscle.

Kiran Polavarapu, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Yes

I agree with the answers given by the other plastic surgeons.  Your implants look like they are well positioned.  Also, remember that at 13 days there is still swelling.  As that swelling goes away, your breast will become softer and more mobile.   This will give you more cleavage in clothing.   You seem to have a very nice result.

Daniel Sherick, MD
Ann Arbor Plastic Surgeon

You are correct, after the implants soften and drop they should look more natural and less spread out. The width of your breast bone determines the spread of the implants.