Severe breast asymmetry, is there a way of correcting it while keeping a larger breast size? (photos)

I've had uneven breasts since I can remember developing them but it just gotten worse overtime. I've never been able to find a bra that fits well due to the size differences. My left breast can fit a B cup whilst my right can fit into a Large D to E. I've considered a breast reduction and lift how ever I don't want to be an over all B cup. Is there anyway of correcting my asymmetry while keeping a larger breast size?

Severe breast asymmetry, is there a way of correcting it while keeping a larger breast size?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well, from what I can see you will need a lift, to get rid of extra skin, and get better shape, I recommend you it consult a board certified plastic surgeon that can help get the appearance that you wish.

A Lift and Slight Reduction Could Help

Thank you for reaching out with your concerns and for including photos. Your situation is complex, and I encourage you to be diligent in finding a qualified plastic surgeon with extensive experience performing cosmetic breast surgery. You have multiple options to address your concerns. I tend to think the best surgical plan would include a lift for your left breast and breast reduction for the right, without implants. I believe that would create the desired symmetry without significantly reducing the size of your breasts. But only a surgeon who conducts a personal examination can provide the best recommendation. Good luck.

#breast asymmetry

Hi.  Every bra is different and I am not going to argue cup sizes however the left breast to me looks to have an adequate volume for your frame- at least a C cup.  There is no doubt in my mind that the best outcome for you would be to avoid implants and have a lift on the left and a reduction on the right to match.  This will give you the best long term outcome.  Any other combination of lift/implants may look good in the short term but will need multiple revisions in the future.  Fat grafting would be a good consideration if you are happy to have a modest increase in volume.

Regards

Damien

Symmetrical breasts

Thank you for your question and pictures. I have many patients with similar situations to yours who are unhappy with the significant symmetry in the size of their breasts. There are several options in this case to create breasts that are more symmetrical in size and shape. It is possible to keep your large breast size by performing a lift and augmentation. I would want to evaluate you in person and discuss all options with you at a consultation to determine the best treatment plan for you. I recommend finding a board certified plastic surgeon in your area who specializes in breast procedures to make sure you get the best results possible. Good luck!

Jimmy S. Firouz, MD, FACS

Breast Asymmetry

Hi there and thanks for posting.

You do pose a challenging problem, which I think will be best addressed in two separate procedures.

I would start with a procedure to give you better symmetry and breast shape.That would involve a small reduction on the right side and a lift on the left side.

Once you have symmetry and correction of your droopiness, then I think you would need a reassessment.

You may find that the improved symmetry and better shape, gives you better projection and breast fullness, meaning you don't need to increase your breast volume. Alternatively you may want to increase your size and depending on how much bigger you want to go, fat grafting or implants may be appropriate.

Trying to give symmetry, better shape and increase volume in one operation in my view would be a mistake.

I hope that is helpful

Best regards,

Richard

Thank you for the question and pictures. Based on your photographs and description of goals, you will benefit from differential breast reduction/lifting surgery. 

My best suggestion: select your plastic surgeon carefully. Communicate your goals carefully as well. The use of goal photographs and computer imaging can be very helpful during this communication process. I would suggest that you stay away from references such as cup sizes during the communication process.

You may find the attached link, helpful to you as you learn more. You will find a separate page, on the same website, dedicated to breast asymmetry concerns. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

Large breasts with asymmetry

Based on your photos, you have a number of options, however I'm not sure that adding implants would be a good one as the tendency would be for your natural tissue to "fall off" the implants over time creating a "snoopy" or "waterfall deformity".  You could add an implant on just the smaller side, but that would create its own asymmetry issues.

In my opinion, you would be best served with a breast lift / reduction in order to create a youthful and perky shape, center the nipples, reduce the areola sizes and eliminate skin overhang.  I would do a lift only on the left side and a reduction on the right side to match the volumes.

If you wanted to maintain more of the volume of the larger breast, you could have a lift only with central / upper pole fat grafting on the smaller side, and a more modest reduction on the larger side to match.  This might require more than one fat grafting session to achieve the best symmetry.  Keep in mind, larger breasts tend to droop faster, so you may want to compromise on size goals in order to decrease maintenance, improve comfort, and achieve maximum longevity. This can be tricky surgery, so make sure you see someone with a lot of experience in aesthetic breast surgery. Good luck!

Robert Cohen, MD
Santa Monica Plastic Surgeon