How to get rid of my double chin, and also have a stronger jawline. (photos)

Chin liposuction or would I need a neck lift as well? Bit reluctant for a lift as I'm only 30 Y/O. I'm also worried maybe I have too much fat and I would end up getting a rippled effect under my chin . I'm also nervous about seeing some one and them doing a terrible job. Recommendations for plastic surgeons who excel in this area is also something that I'm after, perhaps an idea of cost aswell

How to get rid of a double chin.

Come see me, I'd love to help with your neck!  Chin liposuction is a safe, predictable option and can even be performed under a local anesthetic. From the picture you posted it appears you would be a good candidate for liposuction to remove the fat under your chin.  Your concerns are warranted if you do not pick your surgeon carefully.  Find a board certified plastic surgeon who has had experience in this area.  Review before and after pictures of their patients.  Good luck!

Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

Options for Double Chin

Excess fat under the chin can be easily improved with several current methods. My preference is the Inmode Radiofrequency SkinTite procedure. It works by heating the tissues of the neck to eliminate fat and also "shrink wrap" the skin in the area.  Check the Inmode website to find a provider near you.  If you are in the San Diego area, I would be happy to help.

Gilbert Lee, MD

Chin liposuction We need better photos to really pass judgement

We need better photos  to pass judgement but  from what I see you are a candidate for chin lipo.  A feel of the area is important before calling you a great candidate/.    You may well be a candidate for a chin implant as well.   Get a few consultations and you will see prices in your area.    My Best,  Dr Commons

How to get rid of my double chin, and also have a stronger jawline.

Hi, I have performed many facial shaping procedures using dermal fillers, facial implants (cheek, chin), liposuction and/or facelifts for over 30 years.  From the photos, your cheeks are very flat in the front, there is excess fat below the cheeks and under the chin, the chin is weak as are the posterior (back) portions of the jaw line.  These combine to create an elongated, oval shaped face.  

Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces. Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front. Cheek augmentation with a dermal filler or using cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks that will feminize the entire face.  Liposuction would be aded to reduce the excess fat in the lower face and below the chin.

I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  From the photos, your chin is weak.  A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face. 

I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery.

The back portion of your jaw line is a bit weak and can be augmented, without making your face appear masculine, using precise placement of a dermal filler (I prefer using Restylane Lyft).  At 30 years of age it would very very unusual for you to have enough loose skin in the neck to warrant a Neck Lift, however some excess skin can be removed using the same incision, under the chin, used to pace the chin implant.

Hope this helps.

Is Lipo the answer for this 30 year old with a double chin??

Hello Jessey,

It would be helpful to see your entire face to get a better idea of your overall facial proportions, especially as relate to your jawline structure. 

In the absence of that, have you given any thought to Kybella?  You are the ideal  candidate for treating the fat in the submental  area.  Although Kybella is not recognized as a 'skin tightening' procedure, it does create some inflammation in the chin area and as a result of that, I have seen some improvement in minimally lax skin in younger people.

As for your jawline, I would need to see you at the office to get a better sense of its definition, skin v fat contribution and your goals.

You seem a little young for lifting procedures and I would expect that there are some nonsurgical options worth considering.

Thank you.

In good health,

Ellen Mahony

Ellen A. Mahony, MD
Westport Plastic Surgeon