Should my PS have used different sized implants? (Photo)

I am only 1 week post op, but I am concerned my PS should have used different sized implants instead of both sides being 300cc. He said he wasn't concerned about one being bigger but I feel like they aren't going to be similar.

Sizing and Swelling

Thanks for your question and congratulations on your recent procedure!  You're still very early in the healing process and your breasts still have a percentage of swelling. You will not be fully healed and your breasts will not be fully settled until at least the 3 month mark of your healing process. It's best to seek follow up with your PS regarding any additional concerns you should have while you're healing. Good luck and congratulations again!

Size

You have two different breasts and cannot expect them to be exactly alike. If you chose gel implants, your surgeon probably chose the sizes that would look most similar. You are also very early in your healing process and do have some swelling. Please be patient and give yourself time to heal. Please discuss any concerns you have with your surgeon.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation - Post Op Swelling

Thank you for your question. It typically takes 3 - 6 months for the swelling to subside and and implants to settle into proper position. Swelling usually accounts for 10 - 15% of the initial post-operative appearance. The implants may swell asymmetrically, but usually settle evenly. You appear to have a very nice result. Please discuss your concerns with your board certified plastic surgeon. Also, make sure you follow all of your plastic surgeons post-operative instructions regarding level of physical activity and use of a support bra. Hope this helps and good luck with your recovery.