What is the best procedure for me? (photos)

Hello, I would like to get an opinion about whether I need a breast lift with an implant or if I can achieve an attractive result without having a lift. Would I need two separate surgeries or can implants be done in one go.

Breast lift is best for sagging breasts

Thank you for your question and helpful photos.
Honestly, breast implants alone will make your problem worse. Implants are heavy and will stretch your tissues further making correction more difficult down the line. You are actually a perfect candidate for The Horndeski Method breast lift. Please take a look at the video and see what can now be achieved with current techniques. I hope this helps.

Best wishes and kind regards,

Gary Horndeski M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Best Procedure for Your Breasts

Based on your photos, I think a breast lift is necessary to create a natural, youthful feminine of your breasts, correcting the sagging and lifting the nipples up into a central breast position.   This could probably be performed using a vertical approach which would leave a circular scar around the areola and a vertical scar from the areola down to the fold under the breasts.  In addition, if you want either more fullness in the cleavage, upper breast area, or you would like an increase in breast size, then you should consider adding an implant at the same time.  These 2 procedures are routinely performed together with nice results. 

Richard G. Schwartz, MD

You will benefit from Breast Lift

Hi. You seem very ideal for a breast lift. You already have a good volume. You will happy with breast lift as a stand alone procedure. 

Lift / Implants

Hello there
You have breasts that are meant to sit quite high on your chest wall and with your 'deep' chest shape I think you will be very pleased with how large your breasts look once you have had a lift .

I wouldn't suggest putting implants in at the same time as firstly I think you will like your size once lifted and secondly because it will compromise the lift and increase your chances of complications .

Terrence Scamp, MBBS, FRACS
Gold Coast Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift with augmentation

Thank you for your question. You would definitely benefit from a breast lift, which reduces the skin envelope while reshaping the breast tissue into a more youthful and perky shape. Sometimes implants can also be added for more volume, but this increases the complexity of the operation and recovery and so must be done by someone with a lot of experience.
Choosing between lift alone or breast lift with implants:
A question I often ask is whether a patient is happy with her volume in a push up bra. If the answer is yes then a lift alone is often a good choice. If the answer is no and the patient desires more volume then we often choose to add an implant. . I'd suggest you go with a board certified plastic surgeon with expertise in this area. Best of luck!

Best procedures for you, some advice:

Thanks for sharing your concerns with us.
After having analyzed all the information and photos provided to us, I recommend you perform a Breast Lift to treat the sagging breast skin getting a good projection. Also a Tummy Tuck and i would like to perform waist and lateral liposuction to give you a better body contour.
In this regard, for safety reasons, to be a good candidate for the procedures you want and need your labs and cardiovascular preoperative evaluation should be in optimal ranges, that allows us to make a safe procedure.
It's very important to make a pre-op preparation before the surgery, advising the patient to take certain measures that helps to have a successful surgery with very good results.

Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Wrong question

Hi there Alana,

You are a really interesting case. I see lots of patients like you who think they need an implant.

You may well need and implant but the most important component of your breast surgery is an uplift.

Given your body shape and natural volume of breast tissue I think you should start with a lift and see if you are happy. The majority of patients i see that are in your situation stop there and do not proceed to implant.

Although the scarring is more, they are usually very well tolerated and rarely do i see patients complaining about them.

Combining a lift with an augmentation for you I think is fraught with danger, there are significantly increased risks as well as a higher rate of revision surgery.

My opinion would be to start with mastopexy and see if that achieves your goals. If not you can always have an implant down the track. The cost difference of doing them separately is marginal.

Given that you are in Melbourne, I would be happy to see you for a consultation and discuss things in more detail.

Hopefully that is helpful to you

Best wishes

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question.  Based on your photos you appear to be a good candidate for a breast lift procedure.  If you desire more volume then a breast lift with implants would be the procedures to best help you achieve that goal.  In our practice we combine these procedures all the time to produce beautiful overall results.  Schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to be further evaluated, discuss your surgical options and work together to build the plan to best help you achieve your goals.

With kind regards,
Lane F. Smith, M.D., F.A.A.C.S., F.A.O.H.N.S., F.A.B.F.P.R.S.

Lane Smith, MD

Augmentation Mastopexy

I appreciate your concern, but it appears that breast lift with implants is your best option. This would address the shape,droop and lack of fullness of your breasts, and also correct your large nipple-areolar complexes. There are risks and issues with this approach, like scarring, so be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

If you are happy with your volume than a lift alone may be enough. If you want more volume then add an implant.