Why am I in pain?

I'm 7 days post op from my BA. I'm having a lot of pain in my left arm pit. There's no lumps, bumps, bruises etc. Only way to describe it is it's like underneath the skin is bruised. I had an Inframmarry incision so it's not that. Also the skin to the back of underneath my armpit is still numb/ tingling if that means anything? I know it may just be normal recovery, I'm just a little worried. Thanks for any answers :)

Pain post surgery

It's very normal to have pain at the 7 day mark post surgery, you are still recovering. Try not to overdo it and speak to your surgeon if you are concerned. 

Post Op Discomfort

Thank you for your question. Pain/bruised feeling is expected at a week post op. The implants and inflammation will put pressure on nerves and surrounding tissue regardless of incision site. I recommend that you let your Plastic Surgeon know about your concerns so that they can advise you and let you know what to expect as you heal.

All the best

Pain One Week After Breast Augmentation

#Pain and #discomfort vary per person following a #BreastAugmentation. As healing will continue for 2-3 months, swelling, bruising, malposition and color differences are common. Sensation may also be abnormal and scars will be evolve. Tingling, burning or shooting #pains will disappear with time and should not alarm you. It is simply a result of the regeneration of your sensory nerves. If these sensations cause pain, repeated, local self-massage per your surgeon's permission may help.
If my patients have concerns that their healing or pain are unusual, it is important for them to call the office and discuss these concerns or come in to be examined.

Pain post breast augmentation

Most likely everything is ok, but the pain seems a little unusual.  If there are no lumps or bumps, bruising or asymmetry between the breasts then it is likely your recovery is going ok.

I think given the pain is localised to one area and there is some numbness it would be sensible to check with your PS.

Kind regards,

Dean

Why am I in pain after breast augmentation?

Your pain sounds unusual forward inframammary crease incision.  It is best that she is seeing your plastic surgeon for examination and do not rely on Internet advice.

Pain after Breast Aug

Thank you for your question. It is not unusual to still have discomfort at one week after surgery. Although it was one surgery, both sides will heal differently, which is why one side may bother you more than the other. It should continue to improve with time. Be sure to bring up your concerns with your plastic surgeon at your next visit. Best, Dr. Kludt

Nathan Kludt, MD
Stockton Plastic Surgeon