My nose is masculine, the tip droops, and can look bulbous. What can be done to make my nose feminine? (photos)

I have a very good idea of my dream nose, paired with a brow lift I'm hoping to become less heavy looking and more lady like in my appearance to boost self confidence. I have already had one consult and was so nervous that I struggled to express myself clearly. Along with a rhinoplasty, what procedures do I need to undertake to create the face I'm looking for? What should I be looking to ask my surgeon for to best explain what I am looking for?

Rhinoplasty, facial feminisation, the dream nose

Hi Carla,Thanks for your post. It's understandable why you are concerned about your nose, and to a lesser extent your face. You have good potential for a more feminine nose. It's all about the tip and length in your case - a longer tip and a boxy tip shape can be corrected nicely. In terms of the rest of your face, a consultation in person will allow a plan to be developed.  I wouldn't like to suggest procedures based on your posted images as they're not enough - seeing how you express, and talking to you about your needs and preferences is the key to developing a rational treatment plan.Most likely, all necessary procedures could be done at one surgery.Finally it's important to say that confidence comes from within. Whilst you have some concerns about your face, and surgery may well help, there is also a lot right with your face, and it has pleasing features. So, to begin, I'd suggest also thinking about and maybe seeking advice in relation to building your personal confidence. Your appearance is important, but not as important as inner confidence.All the very best
Howard WebsterPlastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty request

You look like you would be suitable for a refining rhinoplasty and looking at your photos this all looks possible. However you do need to be more specific about what other things bothers= you in your face. The best thing is to sit down for a 45-60 min consult with an experienced plastic surgeon and over this consult ( and likely another )discuss firstly what you do not like about your nose/face. You may use photos of celebrities as a communication tool to express your thoughts but understanding that you cannot of course have some else's face. The use of Vectra 3D photography done in front of you while sitting with your surgeon greatly aids communication  and I always do this.

Excellent candidate for rhinoplasty

I do see the problem in your nose, and can be fixed, your bridge need to have a slightly slope, and your tip defined and with a more feminine angle and losing the boxy shape. the light of the pictures doesnt let me give a better opinion but I agree with the brow lift, and I would also suggest buccal fat pads removal to make the shape of your face even better. I cannot see the eyelids but I do not think you will need any surgery there at the moment. If you ask me, my suggestion would be to first have a rhinoplasty and bichectomy (buccal fat pads) and in a second procedure, the brow lift. I would not do the brow lift at the moment, I think botox will be more than enough to give them the little raise they need. Best regards, 

Luis Eduardo Redondo, MD

Masculine Nose

A rhinoplasty to remove your hump, narrow and refine your tip, combined with a chin implant and a brow lift with a technique that we described many years ago, the Irregular Trichophytic Hairline Incision in which hair will grow through the incision and maintain your present hairline position all will give you a much more feminine rested appearance.

Hi.  You obviously need to have a consultation with an Australian board certified plastic surgeon who has an interest in rhinoplasty for a full assessment.  To help you with your decisions I would definitely recommend a total rhinoplasty to give a more petite and feminine nose.  With respect to the rest of the face I would recommend either fat grafting or fillers to you cheek region and I would give botox a trial on your forehead and brows before contemplating a browlift as this can sometimes give subtle but rewarding results without surgery.Regards

Rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us. The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us. In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features. Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Rhinoplasty for a more feminine and attractive nose.

Rhinoplasty for a more feminine and attractive nose can be achieved by straightening your nose, hump removal, tip refinement etc. You could look much younger as well with a Forehead lift done at the hairline-a procedure we developed so the hair grows thru the scar and the hairline is not raised. You could benefit from a small chin implant to give your face better balance. Make sure you see a very experienced surgeon.

I appreciate your including some pictures of a nose you would like. It does give us a good idea of your desires, as long as you understand that exact nose will not be achieved. In regards to your pictures I would do an aggressive rhinoplasty with major shortening and elevating the tip, as well as infracturing to narrow the nose.

Talmage J. Raine, MD, FACS

Consult nerves

It's normal to be nervous...but most surgeons are going to be just fine with that. There's a reason most surgeons will want to see you more than once before scheduling surgery, and why rhinoplasty consults take a long time...there's a lot of discussion to be had and information that needs to flow both ways. It might take 2, 3 4 consults before you have nutted out a definitive surgical plan, and this is just fine. Go back to your surgeon, explain you were nervous, and ask to start again. I think you should be asking what can be done to lift and feminise my overall appearance, and more importantly, what cannot be changed. Good luck.

Mark Baldwin, MBBS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Your observations are on the mark. A good rhinoplasty surgeon should be able to help you achieve your goals. Good luck. one other thing, though somewhat picky, would be to reduce some of your submental fat. This could be done easily at the same time of your rhinoplasty with a little lipo. Otherwise ou could do it with Kybella.