Lateral Displacement? (photos)

I am one month post op and noticed today that my right boob isn't sitting as close to the centre as my left, and the right implant is sitting more out to the side and I can feel the edge under my armpit. I'm not sure if it's because my right is starting to drop and fluff before my left or if they are slightly uneven and my right implant isn't sitting as close in.

Lateral breast implant displacement post breast augmentation? Perth, Australia

Thank you for your question and images. I do see the mild asymmetry that you are talking about and can understand your concern. Firstly it is always important to review your pre-operative images to see if the asymmetry was there prior to surgery. There are a number of reasons why it may be there and often the case is that the breast do heal asymmetrically. Within the first 6 weeks post surgery there is time to influence the formation of the capsule forms around all implants. I would suggest you continue to wear your post operative garments and discuss your concerns with your surgeon. There may be a role for taping at this stage. Good luck.
Regards
Dr Guy Watts

Lateral Displacement (after breast augmentation) ? = follow up with your plastic surgeon #breastaugmentation #breastimplants

Patients with questions and concerns about minor asymmetries after breast augmentation should address those concerns with the plastic surgeon that performed the operation. 

John Mesa, MD

Breast asymmetry?

I can see some mild asymmetry in that the left implant is not as close to the center as the right.  At only 1 month out, this still may improve with time. Your operating plastic surgeon is the best resource for advice in this situation because he or she knows exactly what was done.  Congratulations on your surgery. Wish for you to have an uneventful recovery.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Asymmetry after BBA

Thanks for your question and photos.  At one month, it is still too early to make any assessment as to your final result.  You look to be off to a great start. It can take up to 6 months to reach your final result.  I would discuss your concerns with your PS, but give it some more time.  Best Regards.