Incision infection or compression sore? (Photo)
Doctor Answers 2
Body Lift/Body Contouring
I appreciate your question.
I would recommend that you contact your surgeon to discuss your concerns at this time.
The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.
Best of luck!
Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
Skin redness after seroma
Thank you for asking about your body lift.
- A seroma will not cause this kind of skin reaction.
- It may be chafing from the garment, infection or both.
- The garment will not stop the seroma from forming - it will give you support only.
- If you think it is the garment, wear a plain cotton T shirt between you and the garment and see if that helps.
- You should be seeing your surgeon regularly for the seroma unless a drain was put in.
- Seromas reform quickly and need repeated drainage until they stop forming.
- Be sure to check any on-line advice with your own surgeon first!
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.