Incision infection or compression sore? (Photo)

Hi, Im 4 weeks out from a body lift and I've developed an infection (ps prescribed antibiotics). Could this be caused by compession garment chafing? I told my ps the area had been burning for days when I had a large seroma drained 4 days ago, he said burning was due to tension from the fluid. Is this likely, seeing as draining should have resolved it but now its infected? Im trying to decide if I should stop wearing the garment if its causing the issue or continue to protect against seromas?

Skin redness after seroma

Thank you for asking about your body lift.

• A seroma will not cause this kind of skin reaction.
  • It may be chafing from the garment, infection or both.
  • The garment will not stop the seroma from forming - it will give you support only.
  • If you think it is the garment, wear a plain cotton T shirt between you and the garment and see if that helps.
  • You should be seeing your surgeon regularly for the seroma unless a drain was put in.
  • Seromas reform quickly and need repeated drainage until they stop forming.
  • Be sure to check any on-line advice with your own surgeon first!

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS