I have uneven Botox results on my forehead & now have frown lines that have appeared where there were none before? (Photo)

I had Botox to my forehead 11 days ago, I had a 1 week review & the practioner wasn't happy with the results. The results are uneven & I still have a lot of movement so she topped me up. Now 4 days later I have a heavy frown line that's appeared where there wasn't one before & I still have uneven results & movement in my forehead. My brows & eyelids are also heavier but between my eyebrows there's skin pouching & the awful frown line. I know it's still early but how do I fix it?

Botox results

Thank you for your question and photograph.  The botox that was performed 4 days ago will need a good week to take effect.  My recommendation is that you wait it out to see how everything settles.  I wish you good luck.

Botox result

Hello, and thanks for your question. I'm sorry you did not get the result you had hoped for. Hard to say what is going on from the provided picture, but looks like your 11s are not completely treated. I recommend that you follow up with the physician who performed your procedure. The results should wear off in 3-4 months. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht. 

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Uneven lines after Botox

It depends on where the Botox was injected. Did they inject the areas between the eyebrows or just the forehead. If that was the case, you could get heaviness in the brow region.  It is important to goto a provider who understands the anatomy of the region as well as interplay of different muscles in the area.  In general most people will require 30 to 40 units injected into the glabella as well as forehead for optimal correction. Men usually require more.  Also once you start injecting and relaxing some muscles, others may compensate and become more active. This is called recruitment. Hope this helps

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Uneven botox

It sounds like you may have had too much botox in your forehead resulting in that heavy feeling and not enough in the area between your brows (glabella area) resulting in too much movement. I would suggest that you wait at least 2 weeks before redosing botox. At this time you might want to let the botox wear off and start over with a different dose and placement of the botox at your next visit.

Jean M Casello, MD
Northborough Physician

Botox for the forehead

It will take another week to see the full effect of your last Botox treatment.  If you are still not happy at that time, please return to your injector.  If you are not having treatment with a cosmetic dermatologist or plastic surgeon, consider consulting one.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

It seems that the glabella area is still moving.  I would consider having more Botox injected into this area and the lines should go away.  I would make sure that you are with an experienced injector who understands the anatomy of the area.

Jessica Lattman, MD
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Glabella Botox

Thanks for your inquiry and providing a picture. I would say all you need to do is get a bit more botox to treat your frown lines. 30- 50 units should suffice but be sure to consult a board certified plastic surgeon, they will evaluate you muscle activity and give you the appropriate dose. Nothing to worry about ! Have a great day!

New Frown Lines after treating Forehead

The glabella ( the area between your eyebrows ) appears to have been untreated. When you are lifting up your eyebrows, it is more difficult to activate those frown muscles. Now that the muscles that lift your eyebrows up have been weakened you have only the glabellar muscles functioning unopposed. Simply have them treated as well.  Best of Luck     Dr Harrell

Uneven Botox?

It appears as if you've had Botox in your forehead, not your glabella (brow area) where the vertical lines are appearing. These are two distinct areas when getting Botox treatment and are often priced separately. Botox doesn't create lines. Now that your forehead is smooth and less mobile from the Botox, you're now noticing the movement of the glabella. It's not uneven distribution, it's that the area of the glabella doesn't appear to have been treated.  More often than not both areas are treated at the same time, but occasionally a doctor gets a patient who request not to be totally frozen, and so one of the areas is treated leaving the adjacent area free to move. As always, an inperson evaluation will render the best and most personalized medical advice.

Millicent Odunze-Geers, MD, MPH
Sacramento Physician

Options for heavy brow.

My recommendation would be to treat your corrugator with Botox or Dysport. It is not uncommon to feel heavy in the brow when the forehead is treated aggressively. You most likely have always had lines between your brows but they were less noticeable because your forehead was more of your focus/concern. Neurotoxins are catered patient to patient. Follow up with your provider in regards to your concerns.

Nana N. Mizuguchi, MD, FACS