Want a fuller, poutier top lip? (Photos)

So I've been really wanting to get my lips filled for a while, but I only want the top lip done as I'm happy with my bottom lip. Question is would it be possible just to get the top done or would both need to be done in order for it to look best? Also, would 1ml Juvederm be enough to achieve this? Thanks in advance! :)

Upper Lip Filler with Juvederm

Yes you can request just to have your top lip done.  Depending on the type of juvederm you use 1ml will likely be enough.

Upper Lip "Pout" Easy To Achieve With Fillers

From the photos provided, the lower lip seems fine. However, in profile view, it lacks the desirable 1-2mm projection out above the lower lip pout. This can be easily achieved with a small amount of Juvederm Volbella injected with special focus toward the midline region. This should preserve the present, pretty nice proportionality between your upper and lower lips in full-face view, while giving you the pou you desire in side view. This may actually require not more than half a syringe to achieve. Lips should not be left to the hands of novice injectors; the last thing you want to end up with are "duck lips" (aka "trout pout" lips). So, make sure you seek consultation and treatment at the hands of a board certified, aesthetic physician and don't forget to ask to see his/her before and after photos before proceeding.

Nelson Lee Novick, MD

Thank you for your question. You want your lips to be in proportion with the lower lip 30% fuller than the top lip. Therefore, filler will probably needed to be added to both lips in order to achieve the proper balance. One syringe of Juvederm should be plenty to give you the look you are looking to achieve. 

Lenore Sikorski, MD
Orange County Dermatologist

Lip Filler

You have nice, naturally full lips so you shouldn't need more than 1 syringe of filler. Filler placed properly should give you that "pouty" look you want and still look natural. After your upper lip is filled you may need to add a bit to your lower lip to keep it balanced. Remember your lower lip should be about a 1/3 larger than your upper lip. I think Juvederm would be a nice choice of filler for you. Please consult a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon for treatment. Best wishes.

Kristin Baird, MD
Longmont Dermatologic Surgeon

Lip augmentation

Hello, and thanks for your question and photos. You could have filler added to your top lip only. The goal is to have your bottom lip be about 30% larger than your bottom lip, so depending on your goals you may want to add some volume to the bottom lip as well to keep them in balance. 1 ml should be plenty. I recommend seeing a dermatologist or plastic surgeon. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Conservative Lip Augmentation

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photographs.  Based on your photos, you appear to have natural fullness present in your lips.  I would suggest a conservative lip augmentation to your upper lip with a small amount of a dermal filler such as Juvederm.  Beautiful and natural results can be achieved.  Please be sure to see an expert injector for an in-person consultation to fully discuss your goals and expectations in order to determine the best treatment plan.  Hope this helps and best wishes! 

Upper lip augmentation

Given the overall fullness of your lower lip, I think filler injection to the upper lip alone could give you a very nice result. You shouldn't need any more than 1 syringe of Juvederm to help fill out the upper lip and keep it balanced with your lower lip. Good luck!

Sachin S. Pawar, MD
Milwaukee Facial Plastic Surgeon

Want a fuller, poutier top lip

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  I think you can achieve a nice augmented look with dermal filler placement only into your upper lip and allowing the results to mature.  After 2 weeks assess your results to see if you would like additional filler placement into your top or bottom lip.  A single syringe of Juvederm would be enough to reach your goals.  Hope this helps.

A small amount of JUVÉDERM® will likely offer your desired results.

Your lips have a naturally voluminous shape, so I wouldn’t recommend adding much JUVÉDERM®. 1ml will most certainly be sufficient. While you can request to only have your top lip done, remember that you want your bottom lip to be about 30% larger than the top for a balanced overall look. You may be satisfied with your bottom lip size now, but if you enhance the top lip without augmenting the bottom, your lips may appear disproportionate. For optimal results, consult with an experienced cosmetic surgeon.