How to fix this wide/bulbous/asymmetrical Nose to make it appear normal? (Photo)

Hi, As you can see from my picture, not only is my nose wide and bulbous, the right half is larger and droops lower than the left half (making it next to impossible to balance sunglasses properly). Can an expert please tell me what would be required to reduce the size, base and make the left/right side symmetrical? Appreciate any advice and/or expert opinions on this matter! Thanks

Thank you for your question and photograph.

I would recommend that you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty so they can perform a nasal examination and give you the best options. From what I can tell in your photo, you would benefit from a rhinoplasty to thin out the bridge of the nose and a tip rhinoplasty to reduce the size of the tip of your nose. This includes trimming the lower lateral cartilages and placing precision sutures to refine the tip and make it look more pleasing and proportional to the rest of your face. Best of luck in your endeavors.

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty decision

Raising the bridge substantially probably using Medpor or rib grafts will help greatly as well as tip refinement and an alar base reduction possibly