Can my festoons be corrected? (Photo)

I have had two lower bletheroplasty to fix saggy skin from a failed juvederm filler procedure that resulted in large bags on my face. Now I have been left with prominent festoons, pleated scars and ectropian eyelids. I hate looking in the mirror and have become quite reclusive. Can this be corrected or an I stuck like this? My ps keeps saying it was something that would have happened anyway.

Can my festoons be corrected?

Hello, and thanks for your question and photos. I am sorry to hear you were not pleased with your results. I think you would benefit from filler placement in your cheeks to replace lost volume. I think if done properly, this would significantly soften the lines you are seeing, perhaps to the point that they would not need to be filled directly. This would also have a lifting effect and soften your nasolabial (i.e., "smile") lines. Voluma is a great product to use for this. In order to determine the best treatment plan for you, I recommend an in-person consultation with a well-trained dermatologist or plastic surgeon. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.    

Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon