Extensive plastics after weight loss surgery. (photos)

I am 5 months post gastric sleeve and have lost 40+ kilos with approximately 15-20 kilos left to lose. Is it worth consulting with a surgeon now? So I can get all my ducks in a row and mentally/financially prepare ? Or should I wait until I am at my goal weight?

Plastic surgery after a weight loss surgery

Hello dear, thanks for your question, If you are considering a cosmetic procedure after a gastric bypass, you should wait until reaching maximal weight loss with maintenance of that particular weight. This is usually 12 to 18 months post op. It is very important that you take your vitamins as recommended by your bariatric surgeon and keep up with your daily protein requirement for healthy wound healing.

Remember that selecting a Plastic Surgeon takes time and effort. The key is to choose a reputable, qualified and certified surgeon.

Good luck :)

Dominican Republic Bariatric Surgeon

Extensive plastics after weight loss surgery.

Congratulations on your successful weight loss thus far.  I would suggest that you wait until you have reached your long-term stable weight prior to seeking consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate lots of examples  achieving the types of outcomes you would be pleased with. 

Then, communicate your goals carefully. Learn about the pros/cons/risks/complications associated with the operations discussed. Achieving realistic expectations will be important as well.

You may find the attached link, dedicated to patients who have experienced significant weight loss, helpful to you as you consider options.   Best wishes.