Considering a chin implant in the new year. Is this a good decision? What size would give me the best projection? (photo)

I got a filler a few years ago in my chin, now it has all worn off I'd like to get a more permanent chin implant.

Chin

It might be a good idea. You just have to be careful about the size of the implant. You should care more about the shape of the labiomental fold rather than position of your chin.

New York Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

Chin augmentation?

It appears that chin augmentation with implant will improve your profile. However, what type, shape and size of implant would fit best your needs  should be determined on the basis of in person clinical evaluation.

You should seek a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon with good reputation in facial implant/rejuvenation surgery to discuss your goals and options. Good luck.

Zoran Potparic, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant

From your attached picture, it looks like you would be a good candidate for a chin implant.  I would suggest visiting a board certified plastic surgeon that has use of an imaging system in the office.  The surgeon would be able to give you an idea of the changes you would see to your profile and overall shape and projection of your chin using various types and sizes of implants.  Good luck!

Edward J. Ricciardelli, MD
Wilmington Plastic Surgeon

Considering chin implant

Looking at your photo, I would say that you appear to be a good candidate for a chin implant.  There are a wide variety of styles and sizes of chin implants and it is impossible to give you advice as to which style or size would be best for you without examining you.  You should be able to come to a decision about which implant to use at the time of your consultation.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Considering a chin implant in the new year. Is this a good decision?

Hi, I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  From the photos, your chin is weak.  A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face. 

I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery.

Hope this helps.