Am I an appropriate candidate for forehead reduction? (photos)

I'm a 20 year old female. I've always been self conscious of my large forehead. I believe it's hereditary- I don't want to have that much only maybe a bit over 2cm??? I would be willing to travel as well to get a reputable doctor as this has been such a large issue for me.

Forehead reduction

Given your photos you appear to be a good candidate for the procedure. Seek a plastic surgeon with craniofacial training as the procedure involves development of a scalp flap and requires meticulous closure. 

Beverly Hills General Surgeon

You will benefit from Forehead Reduction (excision) / FUE

Hi. You will benefit from one of the 2 options : 

a. Surgical excision of skin to reduce the forehead

b. Hair line advancement using hair transplantion (FUE method). But this may need 2 sitting to get the expected density. 

If you are not happy with your forehead you may be a candidate for surgery.

However, it involves talking with a doctor so that they can understand you goals and expectations.
It also involves an examination to make sure you may be a candidate for surgery.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Large forehead

If you have average scalp laxity, a 2cm lowering of your hairlind can be done in a 90 minute provedure. My patients often travel home one or two days after surgery. 

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD FACS
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Forehead reduction

Forehead reduction surgery comes in two types, the first is a surgical procedure that gives you same day results, the second is a hair transplant that takes 6-7 months to see. For men, my only concern is in the potential balding that may occur as most balding starts about your age and advances until the mid-thirties. If that happened to you (your risk) then you will have to get a hair transplant to cover it as the frontal area is the place that genetic balding starts in the young man. On my website, there are great pictures of hair transplant lowering procedures in women on our Home Page and in our gallery on our website (see below), you can see hundreds of men who had their hairline replaced, lowered or improved. The link below discusses hairline lowering and one good picture of a surgical result in a man done by a named doctor.

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon