Am I an appropriate candidate for forehead reduction? (photos)

I'm a 20 year old female. I've always been self conscious of my large forehead. I believe it's hereditary- I don't want to have that much only maybe a bit over 2cm??? I would be willing to travel as well to get a reputable doctor as this has been such a large issue for me.

Forehead reduction

Given your photos you appear to be a good candidate for the procedure. Seek a plastic surgeon with craniofacial training as the procedure involves development of a scalp flap and requires meticulous closure. 

Forehead reduction

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

You will benefit from Forehead Reduction (excision) / FUE

Hi. You will benefit from one of the 2 options : 

a. Surgical excision of skin to reduce the forehead

b. Hair line advancement using hair transplantion (FUE method). But this may need 2 sitting to get the expected density. 

If you are not happy with your forehead you may be a candidate for surgery.

However, it involves talking with a doctor so that they can understand you goals and expectations.
It also involves an examination to make sure you may be a candidate for surgery.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Large forehead

If you have average scalp laxity, a 2cm lowering of your hairlind can be done in a 90 minute provedure. My patients often travel home one or two days after surgery. 

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD FACS
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Large forehead

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD FACS
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon