How can I get a breast reduction on Medicare?

In 1992 I had most of my thyroid removed. I was 70 kg and 14DD in the bust. 8 months later I was 90 kg and 14GG in the bust. I was not put on thyroxine until almost a year after surgery- due to misdiagnosis (I have Hashimoto's). I have been trying to get a reduction since I was 45. Can you help?

#breastreduction

Hi.  Breast reduction surgery does attract an item number and therefore is covered by medicare in Australia.  The problem is that the dept of human services and most public hospitals have deemed this a cosmetic procedure and have stopped performing these procedures in public.  If you have private insurance about half of your total costs are covered.  Most patients in my practice are suitable for a minimal scar reduction.RegardsDAmien