Which areas of my buttocks need fat injection? (Photo)

I like to have a narrow waist and an up side down love heart shape butt. The donor sites are lower back, flanks and abdominal area. Where about in my buttocks fat should be injected to give my body an hour glass shape and fuller butt?

Based on your photo, and without a physical exam or seeing your abdomen, I feel that you would achieve a very nice outcome from a Brazilian Butt Lift (fat transfer to the buttocks).Harvesting the fat from your abdomen, waist and hips will improve the shape of your mid-section and the 360 degree will be much smaller. This always improves the appearance of the buttocks. My recommendation for where to place the fat to create the heart shape, is in the outer, near the thigh area. It appears that you have a dent that would improve greatly by adding volume. The upper, middle part of the buttock also appears a bit flat. I would recommend placing volume there to give you a bit more projection. Of course, I haven't seen the side view, so this is with limited information.Good luck!

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

BBL grafting areas

It looks like you have an excellent starting point for this procedure and really should be able to achieve a very curvy figure.   The buttocks should be grafted in all areas but a particular focus should be on the outer and lower buttocks in your case.  

York Jay Yates, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Areas for buttock injection

The areas of proposed liposuction are appropriate and will help improve your shape. Fat grafts should be in the lower and outer buttock. Take photos of buttocks you like to your surgeon so that he/she has an idea of what look you are going for. Best of luck to you!

Which areas of my buttocks need fat injection?

Traditionally we inject the inferior and lateral aspects of the bottom. Liposuction of the trunk consists of the abdomen, flanks, and back. Seek a plastic surgeon that performs hundreds of these procedures, has great reviews and photos, and is an expert in this field.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon

You can have a dramatic result with liposuction of the abdomen, sides, back, and bra rolls and fat transfer to the buttocks.Kenneth Hughes, MDLos Angeles, CA

Areas of buttocks for Fat Injection

It is good that you know the shape of buttock enhancement that you want because communicating that to your plastic surgeon will help achieve the results you want. The flanks, midback and presacral area (the area just above the buttocks in the small of the back) are key areas of removal to start the shaping process. Of course, the abdomen suction is a good source of fat as well as flattening the front aspect of the body. Considering injecting the fat specifically, it is important that the surgeon knows where the patient wants the most volume enhancement. Some want more projection backwards where others may want to be more "hippy" or wider in the front-to-back view. Almost all patients want more fullness in the seat. Please get a consultation with an experienced plastic surgeon so that your questions are answered.

Christopher T. Chia, MD