Round or anatomic, mother of two, weight-trains regularly, for a natural look? (photos)

For a natural look with low body fat/minimal breast tissue and in a patient that weight-trains regularly, what are your thoughts on a round vs anatomic implant to create fullness but with a moderate profile that doesn't extend "too high" on the chest? Thank you.

Round or anatomic, mother of two for a natural look?

Each of the two styles of implants will probably produce equally nice results.  My preference is strongly favoring the use of round mid profile or mid + profile implants avoiding excess size for a more natural look.  At a meeting of Bd Certified plastic surgeons, about 200 of us in the audience could not accurately tell which of a series of photos were of patients who had received round vs tear dropped or anatomic style implants.  Textured anatomic implants have a greater risk of rippling and rotation and in my opinion would offer you little benefit.  Others will feel differently but most favor round smooth these days.  Best wishes,

Jon A Perlman MD FACS 

Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery 

Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV

Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016 

Beverly Hills, Ca

#breastaugment

Hi

There is no doubt in my mind that you would be better with a submuscular anatomical with probably a dual plane 2 approach. 

Regards

Damien

Breast Augmentation

Thank you for your question. During your consultation I like to find out your goals (I.e. What cup size you would like to be). It's important to measure the width of your breast to determine which implant you need. There are four different profiles of round silicone implants. They are moderate, moderate classic, high and ultra high profiles. Shaped implants also come in different profiles. Both implant types work well on patients. It depends what your goals are. The shaped implants are firmer. They give you a more natural superior slope to your breast. The round implants are softer and give you more fullness on top. For more information please see the enclosed video and I hope you find this helpful. 

Joshua Halpern, MD, PA

Round or anatomic, mother of two, weight-trains regularly, for a natural look?

Thank you for your question.  You have very little body fat and small amounts of breast tissue.  The anatomic dressed implants have a thicker wall then smooth round silicone gel implants.  In very thin patients sometimes the thicker wall of the anatomical implant can be palpable and in some cases folds can be visible.  For this reason I almost always use smooth round silicone gel implants.  A recent survey of board-certified plastic surgeons revealed that 83% of this experienced group uses smooth round silicone gel implants.

Breast augmentation

Hello and thank you for your question. You are a great candidate for a breast augmentation.  The size, profile, and shape of the implant is based on your desired breast size/shape, your chest wall measurements, and soft tissue quality.  This decision should be based on a detailed discussion with equal input from both you and your surgeon.  This entire surgery can be performed with a small incision technique.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Anatomical breast implants will be the best choice

Hi and thanks for submitting your photos. In my opinion anatomical breast implants will be the best choice for you which should be placed submuscular  and with an inframammarial fold access. After the surgery you will keep a special bra for 3 weeks 24 hours. Wish you all the Best....

Ozge Ergun, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Implant selection

Hello and thank you for your question. If you are interested in a modest size either round or anatomic would be reasonable. If you are interested in a large but natural implant I would suggest an anatomic implant. 

Best

Theo Nyame 

Theodore Nyame, MD
Charlotte Physician

Round or anatomic, mother of two, weight trains regularly, for a natural look?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  Depending on your desired overall breast size you can achieve a nice, natural look with a small round implant. This will avoid the "too high" look that can result with use of an anatomic implant.  Hope this helps.

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

The size of implant best for you is dictated by your chest wall measurements.  Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance.  Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.  

Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness).

Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion.

Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume.

These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak.

During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Thin patient

You are right with your concerns. It really depends on your goals. A modest round implant, like 250-300, or an anatomic would both give nice natural appearance.