Am I a good candidate for upper lip lift? (photos)

I feel like my upper lip is too long. I think its because my nose is too short for my face. ideally i would get my nose lowered so it didn't finish so high on my face, but I can't seem to find any surgery that would do this. I don't think i can get an upper lip lift as my teeth already show when I smile and I have a gummy smile. also because my nose tilts up I think any scars would show.

Lip lift to balance the face?

Thank you for asking about your lip lift.
  • You actually pose a very interesting question. My thoughts -
  • In profile, your photo suggests that a small chin implant would balance your lower face.
  • If you have considered this, add it to the list of possibles.
  • The nose can be lowered - by freeing the skin over the nose and placing a columellar implant.
  • But in both front and side view, to me your nose looks very good.
  • I agree that a lip lift isn't a great idea - it will give your more tooth show 
  • So for you, I think - given these photos - that either an upper lip Permalip implant will give you more lip fullness and/or a V-Y advancement to tissue.
  • See a plastic surgeon for her/his opinion - discuss these and all other options before having anything done.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS