Am I a good candidate for upper lip lift? (photos)
1 month ago
I feel like my upper lip is too long. I think its because my nose is too short for my face. ideally i would get my nose lowered so it didn't finish so high on my face, but I can't seem to find any surgery that would do this. I don't think i can get an upper lip lift as my teeth already show when I smile and I have a gummy smile. also because my nose tilts up I think any scars would show.
Doctor Answers 1
Lip lift to balance the face?
Thank you for asking about your lip lift.
- You actually pose a very interesting question. My thoughts -
- In profile, your photo suggests that a small chin implant would balance your lower face.
- If you have considered this, add it to the list of possibles.
- The nose can be lowered - by freeing the skin over the nose and placing a columellar implant.
- But in both front and side view, to me your nose looks very good.
- I agree that a lip lift isn't a great idea - it will give your more tooth show
- So for you, I think - given these photos - that either an upper lip Permalip implant will give you more lip fullness and/or a V-Y advancement to tissue.
- See a plastic surgeon for her/his opinion - discuss these and all other options before having anything done.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as
a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you
have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute
or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.