4 weeks post gynecomastia surgery, nipple is still deformed and sunken in. Any suggestions?

What is the chance of this coming out ok? I'm probably being impatient but it has made me seriously depressed.

4 Weeks Post Gynecomastia Surgery, Nipple is Still Deformed and Sunken In

The areas after Gynecomastia Surgery may feel “lumpy” or irregular, and should decreases with time. Often massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. Also, the #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff. It's possible that any indentations could be addressed with fat grafting or cosmetic filler(s) if eligible.

Typically, its best to wait at least one year following the initial surgery to consider a revision. It is imperative you select a plastic surgeon who is #board-certified and has a great deal of experience with male breast #reduction. Plastic surgeons who have specialized in breast surgery and cosmetic surgery are suitable to perform your procedure. Aside from checking board-certification, it is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Please be advised that each patient is unique and previous results are not a guarantee for individual outcomes. As with all cosmetic surgery, results will be rewarding if expectations are realistic. With any surgical procedure, there are some risks which your doctor will discuss with you during your consultation.

Sunken nipple

Thanks for the photo.  Yes, 4 weeks is early.  You are swollen and there appears to be skin laxity which will have to tighten.  It may be months before this gets markedly better.  Try to be patient.  Sometimes it's not easy, I know!

Tim Neavin, MD