10 days post 350cc breast augmentation and implants. They are tight, swollen and very high. When will they settle? (Photo)

Results not as I expected - Look really high and weird shaped. One looks bigger than the other. Dr said allow more time for implants. I still sore, tight, pain to chest, very high up and very swallon. I am concerned with the pain in my left side, pulling sensation to the nipple. Around my nipples looks black am scared. Had breast augmentation and implants 350CC. Hoping this is normal and with time it will get better. I am very upset with my results so far. Will they settle and look "normal"???

Wait for some time

The final appearance, shape, and movement are not exactly the same as normal breasts. The surgically enlarged breasts do not move in the same way as normal breasts. They tend to be firmer. The contours are usually somewhat different than normal breasts. In some patients these discrepancies may be rather noticeable. Although every effort is made to place the implants symmetrically, complete symmetry is rarely achieved. Immediately after surgery, the breasts are swollen and firmer. The final shape and size is approximated after 2 to 3 months, but up to one year may be required for the end result.

10 days post 350cc breast augmentation and implants. They are tight, swollen and very high. When will they settle?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well…
I have to say that you are still early on healing process, it is too soon to determine how your results are going to be, per now, they look very nice and beautiful, you can have one bigger than the other, feel swollen and also have bruises and open wounds, it is normal and that can happen Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well..

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Post breast augmentation

At 10 days it is still early in the healing process after breast augmentation and some asymmetry is to be expected. As the implants soften, settle and drop the breast shape will change along with cleavage. Give your body time to heal as it can take 3 months to see your results. Be sure to keep any scheduled follow up appointments you have for his or her evaluation and advice . Good luck!

Dean Vistnes,M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francsico Bay Area

#realself #breastaugmentation #breastlift #drdeanvistnes

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Post op breast augmentation results

Your upper poles do look unusually full.  It can take many months for your breasts to soften and settle after breast augmentation surgery.  Having said this, however, I suspect your implants may be placed too high for your breasts.  It would be useful to see your pre-operative photographs as I would suspect you may have benefitted more from a lift with implants.  Swelling, asymmetry, lumps, bumps and bruising are all normal at this stage of your post operative recovery.  Continue to follow your surgeons post operative guidelines and keep in close contact if you have ongoing concerns.

Early breast result

Thanks for your inquiry, implants do settle with time and it is early in your result.  As for your nipples, i am unable to see them in your pictures, but nipples should not be black, as this may be a sign of decreased blood supply.  Please discuss this with your plastic surgeon.  Good Luck.