Tri-Luma for People Above 60?

I am 62 years old and have a little melasma on my cheeks. Will Tri-Luma as a melasma treatment help me? I have heard its not good for people over 60.

Treatment of melasma with Melarase AM and Melarase PM

I would recommend that you start the Melarase AM and Melarase PM program rather than longterm use of steroids as found in triluma. 

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Tri-Luma is Effective in People over 60

Tri-Luma is an effective treatment for melasma in patients of all ages. Although melasma can be a problem for patients of any age, it is often brought on by changes in hormones and thus is commonly seen during pregnancy.

One of the components of Tri-Luma is Retin-A (the other components are the bleaching cream hydroquinone and the steroid flucinolone) and retinoids should not be used during pregnancy. Patient over 60, however, have no reason to avoid Tri-Luma.

Jonathan Sonne, MD
Naples Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tri-Luma is Effective in People over 60

Jonathan Sonne, MD
Naples Facial Plastic Surgeon