Meds. What Should I Be Taking After My Mommy Makeover?

I have quite the mini pharmacy at my disposal right now. I recently had a mommy make over with a tummy tuck, BL and lipo to inner, outer and back of thighs, contouring of the buttocks as well. Experiencing some definite pain, not to mention a cough. The dr prescribed cephalexin, Valium and Vicodin. I have my multivitamins, oxycodone from a pervious family members surgery and morphine. In addition I have Bromelian, arnica Montana gels and arnica cream. What should I be taking and when? Help!

Medications Post Mommy Makeover

Its best to consult with your board-certified Plastic Surgeon beforehand. She or he will make suggestions according to your procedure and medical records in addition to discussing your pre-op preparations. Also, such may be provided for you with your pre-op material and prescriptions in time for your recovery period. You will learn more about preparing at your pre-op appointment. 

Medication after mommy makeover

You need to stick with what your plastic surgeon prescribed. Any other medication from previous family member surgery should be discarded. Combining these medication or using them without doctors orders can be risky to your life.

Moneer Jaibaji, MD

Only take your own medications

Thanks for your question.

Too many medications can be lethal.  Never take prescriptions that were not prescribed for you specifically.  Post surgically be sure that you're taking the medications that your doctors prescribe.  If you have a question about a medication or want to take anything additional please let your surgeon know.  Sometimes medications can have bad interactions and some supplements can lead to bleeding

Best wishes..

Adam Tattelbaum, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Medications after Mommy Makeover?

Best to check with your plastic surgeon about which specific medications should usually taking.  Throw the remainder into the garbage can. DO NOT  his medications prescribed for another individual.

What medications to take after surgery

You have quite the assortment of medicines. Some may not mix well with others. You should contact your surgeon for specific instructions on what to take. This is not the forum to get advise for this situation.

Medication

Never take medication that was not prescribed for you.

Never take someone else medication.

Check with your surgeon about medication .