I Had a Medpor Chin Implant Almost 3 Years Ago, Looking For Surgeon in SC To Remove?

desire, to my PS, to have it removed. He doesn't appear very confident in removing it. I am desperate and full of regret. Is it possible, is there a PS in SC with experience in removing this type of implant? Please help!

Doctor Answers 2

How to Find a Surgeon to Remove Chin Implant

Plastic surgeons, Facial plastic surgeons, and oral surgeons all have experience in removing chin implants including those made of Medpor.

See the below reference to locate a plastic surgeon in your area.


Orange County Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 159 reviews

Plastic surgeon for chin implant removal

Since you are on real self I would suggest looking in to some of the doctors listed in South Carolina. Most Plastic Surgeons and certainly facial Plastic surgeons have experience in removing these types of implants. Personally I do not use this type of implant and never did. My experience from seeing other surgeons patients is that there is a fair amount of patient dissatisfaction with these implants and they are harder to remove then other types. If you do not find anyone of real self then I would suggest asking around town for a referral and seeing several consultations until you find someone extremely comfortable with the removal procedure. Best regards!

Michael Elam, MD
Orange County Facial Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 210 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.