I am fairly certain I should not look like this! (photos)

First time user.  Mid 50's, never a smoker and no blood thinners.  Wanted to eliminate smoker's wrinkles and fill in deeper lines around mouth.  Four syringes later with immediate swelling and bruising.  First photo is two hours after I left the doc's office and the second was after seven days.  At two week mark, bruising was no longer noticeable.  However, many small circular bubbles (similar to small blisters, but not painful), remain on the underside of my top lip.  No injections were made into my lip!  Doc wants to see me again in three weeks (which would be five weeks after treatment).

Lip Lines -- Co2/Erbium Laser Resurfacing, Fillers Like Belotero/Restylane Silk/Juvederm Volbella, Microneedling/PRP, Peels

Lip lines are better treated with lasers, but if the fillers caused too much swelling and a disproportionate look this can easily be reversed with hyaluronidase enzyme.  If its bad after 2-3 weeks reverse it and see an expert. Best, Dr. Emer.

4 syringes of Juvederm around the mouth

There is nothing that is of concern other than the poor injection technique (ie no vascular occlusion). This appears to be a novice injector. This will never look normal. The upper lip it 2-3 times the lower and it should be smaller than the lower. Significant bruising can occur with all injectors but less with the more experienced ones, particularly if cannulas are used. I would seek a 2nd opinion in the near future. Some of this needs to have hyaluronidase to remove a portion of the Juvederm.

Steven F. Weiner, MD