Has anyone ever filled a shallow cleft in a woman's chin with Restylane or Juvederm?

Chin and Fillers

I often use Voluma or Juvederm or Restylane Lyft to add volume to the chin area.  It is area that is commonly ignored but makes a big difference when injected correctly.  Best, Dr. Green

Filler for chin

Many fillers can be used to treat the depressed cleft on the chin. I prefer a thicker filler such as Lyft, Juvederm Ultra Plus, or Voluma. This goal should be to soften the cleft not totally flatten it since this will give a more natural appearance. Please consult a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon experienced in aesthetic injectables. Best wishes.

Kristin Baird, MD
Longmont Dermatologic Surgeon

Bothered by your cleft chin? #Restylane, or another volumizing #filler, can be the solution.

I would recommend an in-person consultation with your board-certified plastic surgeon to make sure you are both properly evaluated, and to have any of your concerns addressed.

That being said, a shallow cleft can certainly be filled with any number of our FDA-approved fillers.

Anna I. Wooten, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Chin Clefts Can Respond Well To A Combination Of Subcision & Volumizing Fillers

It is not uncommon these days to treat unwanted clefts in the chin--shallow or deep, particularly in women. Although volumizing fillers, such as Voluma XC, Radiesse Plus, and Restylane Lyft would be my preferred choices for this purpose in my Upper East Side Manhattan practice, I would opt for Emervel Volume, Hyaluronica 2, and Teosyal Ultra Deep in my Israel satellite facility where a far greater number of regulatory agency approved fillers and volumizers are available. 

That having been said, I very often combine the prior use of subcision with the injection of the volumizing filler. Subcision breaks up the tethering bonds located below the cleft, allowing the cleft to rise more to the surface and also promotes new, native collagen and elastic fiber synthesis, which can contribute to a longer lasting improvement, especially when combined with the volumizing fillers, which themselves have a biostimulatory effect for inducing more collagen and elastic fiber production.

Best to seek consultation with a board certified aesthetic physician with expetise and experience in the use of volumizing fillers outside of their more routine uses for filling simple smile lines. 

Nelson Lee Novick, MD

Chin cleft and fillers

It is a very common procedure to fill the cleft in the chin using fillers.  It works very well and is quick.

Regards

Dr. J

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fillers to the chin

You can absolutely use fillers to contour a chin. It can help if one side is smaller than the other, it can help augments, and it can help smooth a split chin.
Fillers are temporary but it can be a fabulous result without surgery!

Sometimes we also use botox to relax the muscle over the chin to help with contour.

I recommend you see an experienced injector close to you.
Hope this helps

Myriam Loyo, MD
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Using Filler For A Cleft Chin

Fillers can be used to improve the appearance of a cleft chin. Often, the fillers can be combined with Botox to weaken the overactive chin muscle. Injecting this area with fillers or Botox, requires knowledge and skill. Find an experienced injector. Best wishes.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Treatment for cleft in chin

Filler can be used to help the appearance of the cleft; however, a better treatment is the injection of a little bit of Botox to the mentalis muscle to relax it and that should inmprove the appearance

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

Fillers for a chin cleft

Filler can be used to fill almost any area of the face. The chin is no exception. For clefting, it is not always possible to eliminate it with filler, since a strong attachment exists between the chin skin and the jaw bone. It does not always stretch in order to completely eliminate it. However, using a subscission technique and a stiffer filler, such as Voluma or Radiesse, the cleft can be softened significantly.

Richard W. Westreich, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Shallow cleft in chin

Any number of fillers including those mentioned might help recontour a small cleft in your chin.  Hyaluronic acid fillers or other fillers such as radiesse should be good chances.  radiesse is particularly good if the injection is relatively deep such as closer to the mandible

J. Kevin Duplechain, MD, FACS
Lafayette Facial Plastic Surgeon