Am I too small for a breast reduction?

So I haven't owned a "real bra" in years and by that I mean a sized underwire bra so I'm a little unclear of my actual size but if I had to guess itd be somewhere between D/DD or larger. I wear sports bras all the time, I suffer constant breast pain, inability to do simple activities without becoming discomforted by my breasts, and for years I have been getting bad headaches and neck aches. I am 18 years old, 125lbs and 5'5. My band size is around 32 or 34 so I'm pretty small and thin.

Breast reduction, some advices:

Thanks for the question.
I recommend you to send your photos to us to give you the advices you need.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Good Candidate for Breast Reduction

It sounds to me that in light of the fact that you are having symptoms of back pain, limitation in your daily life, that you are in fact a good candidate for a breast reduction.  Depending on what volume needs to be removed and they type of insurance you have, you may have this covered by your insurance. I recommend an in-office examination as well as a detailed discussion with a board-certified Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
Best wishes!
Dr. Desai
Harvard Educated, Beverly Hills & Miami Beach Trained, Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Not too small

If your breasts are causing you discomfort and pain because of their size, you could probably benefit from a breast reduction. You wouldn’t be too small to undergo the surgery. And, your surgery may even be covered by OHIP.

Breast reduction

Without seeing you in person, it is difficult to say whether or not you are a candidate. Best to be seen in person. If you are not too large you might want to consider a limited incision procedure using a Lollipop type approach. Good luck!

Too small for breast reduction

Almost* no size is too small for breast reduction. If you feel your breast size is too big and you are having symptoms like neck pain back pain. Or shoulder grooving then a reduction is an option. I've reduced sizes as big as an H to as small as a C. You will need a proper exam. Find a board certified plastic surgeon who has good experience and compare before and after results before you choose.

Nikesh K. Patel, MD
Freehold Plastic Surgeon

Am I too small for a breast reduction?

Thank you for the question. Based on your description and pictures, you may be an excellent candidate for breast reduction surgery. This operation tends to be one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform.
“Typical” patients who present for breast reduction surgery are women who have disproportionately large breasts, causing problems such as neck/back/shoulder discomfort, postural changes, bra strap grooving, skin irritation/rashes under the breasts, and/or difficulty with activities of daily living and/or exercise etc. There may be both physical as well as psychosocial “stress” caused by the disproportionately large breasts.
Reducing breast tissue mass and elevating the breasts on the chest wall tend to improve or alleviate many of the symptoms associated with the disproportionately large breasts.
Patients considering breast reduction surgery should also consider the potential downsides (risks/complications) associated with the procedure as well. Poor scarring, for example may be associated with the procedure. Additional surgery may be necessary in the short or longer term for a multitude of reasons.
When the time is right, I suggest that you seek consultation with well experienced plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you would be pleased with. Ultimately, careful selection of your plastic surgeon will be the most important decision you make.
To this end, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done. And about the removal but it was are readily try not to worry to go to care
Once you have chosen your plastic surgeon carefully, it will be important for you to communicate her goals carefully as well. In my practice, I asked patients to use as many “visual aids”, such as goal photographs, during the communication process.   I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to breast reduction surgery concerns), helps. Best wishes.

Am I too small for breast reduction

I always tell my patients to get a properly fitted bra for everyday usage. This always helps.However if you have symptoms such as neck ache and this attributed to your breast size then it does not matter what they measure. I would suggest seeing a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options. Good luck.

Am I too small for breast reduction

If your breasts are bothering you and causing neck and back pain then probably you are not too small to get breast reduction ! You will need to be evaluated in person to determine your eligibility for insurance coverage if that is what you are asking. Also, as a first step you should call your insurance and check their criteria also.
Good luck

Shwetambara Parakh, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon