At what age is it possible to do buccal fat removal?
Doctor Answers 3
At what age is it possible to do buccal fat removal? = any adult age #buccalfatremoval #chubbycheeks
Buccal fat pad and age
Buccal fat removal - how old does one need to be?
- For any surgery, you either have to be 18 years old or older -
- Or have your parent(s) sign the surgical consent for you.
- However, in our teens there is often a desire to do things that may not prove wise in the long run.
- So if you are considering this, be sure to see a plastic surgeon who is interested in you - not just in persuading you to have surgery.
- In general, people who do well with buccal fat removal have full cheeks and in their family, the cheeks stay full into late middle age.
- People whose families tend to get thin-faced in time, should understand that removing buccal fat may in the long run, age the way they look.
- Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
You might also like...
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.