Fillers not sticking!!! Have had countless times over the years nothing works. Advice? (photos)

Ok so my lips never seem to stick. I've tried juvederm ultra and regular and restylene. Is that normal to still not have much left over. I did almost 2 syringes of ultra a month ago and half seems to be gone already. They look fuller in pics too. In person way smaller. Also I've been doing fillers for 4 years now totaling probably 6-7 syringes over those years. But most recent have had almost 3 syringes between 6 months. I've tried different places and people to see if it's that. Ugh help!

Lip Fullness

Some patients take more fillers than others to keep their lips looking how they would like them.  The photos look great and there is only a small amount of product in each syringe. To get the "look" you want, may take more product and repeat injections.  I would not want you to get a "permanent" filler as those usually have complications.  Best, Dr. Green

Juvederm for lips and how long does it last

Juvederm can last anywhere from 3-6-12 months or even longer in the lips in some patients.  From the photos, the lips are plenty big and full and do not need any more filler.  If fillers do not last, sometimes a plastic surgeon can put in a permanent lip implant, however I would not recommend that in this case as the lips look very full. 

Rebecca Baxt, MD
Paramus Dermatologic Surgeon

Lip Augmentation with Fillers or Lip Implant or Fat -- Go Slow, Use Cannulas

Fillers in this are sometimes do not last for some patients and then its best to consider fat transfer or implant.  Voluma does very well for this area also and lasts longer. Best, Dr. Emer.

Fillers not lasting

You may want to revisit pictures of your lips before starting fillers a few years ago. Sometimes we forget what we looked like. From your photos you definitely have significant filler in you lips. 
Lip filler usually lasts 8-12 months so over the 4 years the 6 or 7 cc's wouldn't still be there. Remember that 5 cc's equals one teaspoon so in reality it's not all that much filler. The last two cc's you had injected would've pulled lots of water into your lips after injection and held onto it for a few weeks before the swelling went down. What remains in your lips looks like at least 2-3 cc's. 
Remember, sometimes it's best to stay as proportionate as possible to maintain a beautiful look and more isn't always better. 

Lee P. Laris, DO
Phoenix Dermatologist