Would Voluma help my face? (Photo)

Would Voluma lift my face and help reduce the sagging of my face and the drooping skin around my jawline? I'm also wondering what would eliminate the sagging skin under my chin and turn the corners of my mouth up again? I do not want a face lift or a neck lift. Thank you.

Great Voluma Candidate

Hi csilfee – Thank you for your question and photos - great job on capturing all the angles of your face. I can see the area of your concern and you may want to consider Voluma to the mid-face and cheeks. Adding a little dermal filler to the chin could help with the skin underneath. You have nice chin projection and symmetry to your face. I would take a conservative approach to restore volume to the face and chin to ensure a natural, soft, rejuvenated appearance. I do like Voluma for the mid-face and cheeks, as well as the chin. By carefully treating the mid-face and cheek, you could get enough lift in the nasolabial folds to help with the downward curvature of the corners of your mouth. Coupling that treatment with a little volume to the chin could correct the area.

You’ve got great features. Non-surgical rejuvenation would be great to enhance and revive your appearance. I hope that helps.

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Skin tightening

Your cheek bones are already high.  I would place some Juvederm to your temple too fill out that hallow area.  Pelleve treatments are good for skin tightening too.  And some Nectifirm for your neck would help the skin quality there.

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Voluma for volume loss

Voluma helps to add volume to areas in the face where it has been lost due to age, weight loss, etc.  The amount of product needed to get the desired outcome will vary by patient and will include factors such as skin elasticity, volume lost, desired result, and budget.  Fillers, such as Juvederm can be used around the mouth to help lift the corners up.  The sagging skin under the neck can be treated with skin tightening procedures to give a firmer, more youthful appearance.  There is much to learn about each of these treatments.  I would suggest a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who can listen to your goals and work with you to plan which treatments would be best.

Camille Cash, MD

Voluma Candidate

Your mid face appears to have lost volume which would make a good candidate. Photos are not always the best method to determine if you are a candidate for volume. Consult with 3 experienced and expert physician injectors to understand your options.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Skin Rejuvenation (non-surgical) - Combination of Treatments Needed

The best treatment for skin rejuvenation and prevention depends upon an individual’s skin type, age, ethnicity, sun exposure, and overall health. In order to give you an accurate treatment plan, a consultation is required to properly assess your skin. I recommend  a healthy lifestyle: a diet high in fruits, vegetables, nuts, legumes and fish; eight to ten hours of sleep nightly; limiting alcohol intake other than the occasional glass of red wine; and regular exercise.

An important step for all skin types is sun protection including the use of daily sunscreen, sun hats and sunglasses, all of which help prevent aging and sunburns. 

When it comes to rejuvenating and prevention treatments, a combination of treatments are available including cosmeceuticals (skin care products including ZO® Skin Health or ZO® Medical, Skinceuticals® or Glo-Minerals®), neurotoxins (Botox®, Xeomin®), dermal fillers (Restylane®, Juvederm®, Esthelis®, Belotero®, Emervel®, Radiesse®), skin resurfacing procedures (laser resurfacing with CO2 laser, Er:YAG laser, Fraxel DUAL®, PicoSure® FOCUS Lens Array or OBAGI® controlled depth chemical peel) and other devices such as Ultherapy® can be used. 

These are advanced techniques so be sure to get an experienced dermatologist or plastic surgeon consultation for recommendations and treatment options.

Alim R. Devani, MD, FRCPC
Calgary Dermatologist

You could get Sculptra or Voluma XC

There are advantages to both so speak with a board certified Dermatologist  who has experience with both. Good luck to you!

Beverly Johnson, MD
Silver Spring Dermatologic Surgeon

Voluma for the aging face

Voluma is a great non-surgical option to add volume to the mid-face (cheek) area, which in turn may help to lift the drooping skin around the jawline and corners of the mouth.  Since it is a non-surgical option, you will not have the surgical results of a face lift or neck lift.  It is still a great option for someone who does not want to undergo surgery. Your provider will discuss with you the amount of Voluma needed to give the desired effect. 

H. George Brennan, MD, FACS
Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Is Voluma for You?

You are an ideal candidate for Voluma.  You're young enough that adding filler to your face with the resultant lift will not only make you look refreshed and less tired, but will get you "ahead of the game" as you age.

There have been a number of questions on this site from patients with misplaced filler who get undesired results.  Choose your practitioner carefully.  Use this and the official Voluma website and also ask around.

It's a wonderful product.  I have it my face and I love the natural look.

Michael A. Greenberg, MD
Elk Grove Village Dermatologist

Voluma for mid face lift

Voluma is my favorite product to re-define the mid face and list the sagging cheeks and jowls.  I find a combination of fillers such as Juvederm and Voluma and non-surgical skin tightening with Thermage is best in this area.  For the best non-surgical cosmetic results please consult a a board certified dermatologist who is an expert with facial fillers.

Michele S. Green, MD

A 5 minute lift

In my nearly 2 years of using Voluma I have found it to be an excellent filler for not only volumizing the cheek and mid face region, but it can serve to subtly lift jowls as well. An aging face is a deflated face, and while fillers can't accomplish the same thing surgical neck lifts can, they will certainly help your concerns. As I like to tell patients, Voluma can take off 5 years in 5 minutes! A Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon will help you in quest for a more youthful face.

Scott M. Gayner, MD
Harrisburg Facial Plastic Surgeon