No matter what I do I can't seem to lose any real weight. Gastric Bypass Surgery?

I am 27 years old, 5 feet 3 inches tall and I had a baby in April. I have always struggled with my weight. I weigh around 230 lbs. Am I a candidate for weight loss surgery?

Batriatric surgery

Hello

Thanks for the question. You BMI is 40.7 you are obese type III or severe or morbid, its mean that you have high risk to develop diabetes, hypertension and other diseases. You are a candidate for bariatric surgery. To decide the type of surgery best for you, you must make an appointment with a bariatric surgeon and discuss about your current eating habits,if you have any health issues and in that way know the best option for you.

Blessings 

Dr. Pablo

Dominican Republic Bariatric Surgeon

Am I a candidate?

At 63 in tall and 230 lbs, your BMI is 40.7.  Yes, you are a candidate for weight loss surgery.  Contact your local bariatric surgery center of excellence for the next step. Good luck!

Hugh L. Houston, MD
Nashville Bariatric Surgeon