4 weeks post-op, still firm, experience sharp pain (doesn't last long) 5 times a day. Mainly on the bottom. Is the normal? (phot

4 weeks post-op, pre op I was 36AA, no sagging, I am 5'7 158lbs, LG frame. I have had 3 kids, the biggest I got was small B. I got 700 cc HP saline. I am still pretty firm and high, experience sharp pains thru out the day around the bottom of breast where my incision is and I am hurting in the morning still. Is this normal? Is it because I went with a large implants? Do you recommend sport pain 24/7 or going braless at night? Would massage help with the pain and firmness?

Implant firmness and pain

I think it would be interesting to see your pre surgical photos but i think your implants are bigger than what your anatomy can easily and naturally accommodate.  This might explain the fullness you have in the upper pole.  4 weeks is still early so there is going to be a softening as you heal further.  Based on the photos, I just think your nipple to IMF distance is short for that size of the implant.  
Have your surgeon take a look.
Good luck
Dr Vasisht
South Shore Plastic Surgery.

Voorhees Plastic Surgeon

Implant issue

Your implants still appear quite high and may take more time to settle. As for pain, you should be evaluated in person to make sure everything is healing ok.

4 weeks post-op, still firm, experience sharp pain (doesn't last long) 5 times a day. Mainly on the bottom. Is the normal?

Thank you for your question. You are still very early in your recovery to see results. It can take 6 weeks to 3 months to see the full outcome. If you are concerned about the pain, you can ask your plastic surgeon for tips to help you with your recovery.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Pain after implants

It does not look like there is anything wrong form your images and what you describe is not unusual for someone who has undergone this type of surgery. The pains will gradually subside but please discuss in full with your PS

best wishes  

Gerard Lambe, MD
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Give it time

Thank you for the question.  At 4 weeks, you are still in the early recovery stage.  It could take 8-12 weeks for the wounds to fully heal and 4-6 months for the implants to fully settle.  What you are experiencing is not uncommon but it would always be best to talk to your board-certified plastic surgeon regarding your concerns and discomfort.  Best of luck, Dr. Michael Omidi.

Michael M. Omidi, MD, FACS

Is this normal?

Thank you for your question and providing photos. I tell all my patients it takes 4-5 months for implants to fully settle and all your swelling to resolve. I believe what you are experiencing is very normal. Best of luck

Pain after surgery

Typically 4 weeks after surgery, you will experience softening of the breast and the settling as well. However, in your situation, you have very large implants making the skin very tight. As I can see on the photo, the skin of the breast has to stretch to accommodate the large implants. I recommend aggressive massaging to stretch your skin and let the implants settle. This process usually takes 1-2 months but in your case, it may take longer. 

Alex Kim, MD

Sharp pain in the breast after Breast Augmentation

At 4 weeks postop the breasts will feel hard and tight especially if they were placed below the muscle. I recommend massaging of the implants typically after the first week. You should ask your plastic surgeon before doing so. A bra should definitely be worn to provide support. You can expect the swelling to resolve in 3 months and for the implants to settle in 6 months. You should contact your plastic surgeon if you have any questions.

Dr. Ravi Somayazula

Ravi Somayazula, DO
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

I appreciate your question.

Since there has been a change in your post op course, I would recommend that you contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

4 weeks post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question.
Its too early to talk about final results. 
In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense.
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD