Short, thin upper lip after subperiosteal midface, upper lip is asymmetric. Lip lift, fat, implant or permanent filler? (photo)

Had a sever weight loss and got droopy cheeks that turned my upper lip corners, inward. Subperiosteal midface lift didn't do anything but made it worse but doctor said it will gently lift corner of my mouth!

Lip lift, fat injections or permanent filler after mid-face lift.

Thank you for asking about your lip lift and other treatments.
  • I am so sorry that your mid-face lift results were disappointing.
  • If your upper lip is long (one can't tell from the photo), then a lip lift would be an excellent first step.
  • You might then, for more improvement, have a Permalip implant in your lip.
  • If your mid-face surgery was in the past six months - wait! Things are swollen  and you want lip lift surgery in a face that is not swollen to get the proportions correct.
  • There is no safe permanent filler other than fat injections - and their results are unreliable
  • Please do not let anyone talk you into liquid silicone lip injections - they look lovely and then turn hard and sightly and their use is illegal.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS