Short, thin upper lip after subperiosteal midface, upper lip is asymmetric. Lip lift, fat, implant or permanent filler? (photo)
Doctor Answers 1
Lip lift, fat injections or permanent filler after mid-face lift.
- I am so sorry that your mid-face lift results were disappointing.
- If your upper lip is long (one can't tell from the photo), then a lip lift would be an excellent first step.
- You might then, for more improvement, have a Permalip implant in your lip.
- If your mid-face surgery was in the past six months - wait! Things are swollen and you want lip lift surgery in a face that is not swollen to get the proportions correct.
- There is no safe permanent filler other than fat injections - and their results are unreliable
- Please do not let anyone talk you into liquid silicone lip injections - they look lovely and then turn hard and sightly and their use is illegal.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.