What's the name of procedure that could redo subperiosteal midface lift?

I had a clear idea of what i wanted but didn't know the name of the procedure so i only asked for cheek lift & showed what i want to achieve but after surgery, i realized me & Doctor weren't thinking the same thing. Didn't go outside for two months, need to fix it. Please help

Find the right surgeon

If you feel that your face does not reflect how young you feel on the inside, a facelift may be the solution to help you look and feel younger. During your consultation, your doctor will evaluate your skin texture and elasticity, as well as your underlying skin structure and your facial bone structure. Based on this evaluation, he/she will create a custom surgical plan, detailing specific techniques and recommendations to meet your goals. Your doctor should make sure you have a full understanding of what results to expect.Always insist on a board certified surgeon!

Revision of a subperiosteal midface lift

Thank you for your question. The  very deepest face lifts which include movement of the soft tissues from the bone do take more time to heal. There can be major swelling any time you work against the bone. For this reason, patients may be displeased with the initial look and become anxious.  Patients these days want shorter recoveries. and if a longer one is anticipated, this must be included in the discussion at the original consultation and preoperative visit. Every so often, we incorporate some of these deep procedures as a result of patients not wishing implants, or if soft tissue fillers have not been successful long term, or if the midface is really lax.  Because the swelling can be so intense, many patients can have a difficult time adjusting. It would be good to see photos, but it appears that you are working with your surgeon, and that is good.  We do not not currently know what it is that is not to your liking.

Donn Hickman, MD

Facelift revisionary surgery

Please do add some pictures to your posting and describe specifically what you are not satisfied with.  Based upon your comment about a cheek lift, I am guessing you lack midface fullness (the apple of your cheek still lacks volume).  Am I correct? For midface volume loss (common with aging), in addition to lifting and resuspending the facial tissues, we offer our patients fat grafting to that area to increase fullness.  That seems to be the only way to really restore/replace volume that has been lost.

Regina M. Fearmonti, MD
New Braunfels Plastic Surgeon

Communication problem before subperiosteal midface lift

The real problem is communication. You don't say how long since the procedure. With subperiosteal procedures must wait at least 6 months before judging.  Don't worry about the name of the procedure to ask for. Decide what you want changed and how and tell the surgeon. Be specific. Then let the surgeon tell you what he/she can and can not accomplish and with what procedure(s).

Curtis Perry, MD
Downey Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision or redo of a mid face lift

it's hard to tell without photos unfortunately. In general, most mid face lifts (transtemporal) last about a year no matter how extensive the subperiostial release is.  There are many ways to go about revision.  The most effective is to avoid repeating the same thing and change to a more effective technique.  Extensive deep plane techniques in the mid face can achieve this most effectively and durably. There are some revision photos on my site if that helps. 

Ben Talei, MD

Redo of sub periosteum midface lift

While the sub periosteal midface lift can produce nice results in some patients, The postoperative swelling tends to be prolonged and the results can produce an increased intermalar distance and disharmony with the lower eyelids.  I've written a book chapter and several articles on this topic you may want to read.
The redo usually consists of a sub ciliary cheek lift to correct the lower eyelids and a high SMAS facelift with or without repositioning of the cheek pads.
Obviously a consultation with a surgeon with interest in the midface is recommended.

Brent Moelleken, MD

Redo Facelift

I would like to be able to help you, but wouldn't even know where to start. Before we could answer your question we would need before and after photos and an understanding of the specific operation your most recent surgeon performed. It would be best for you to get that information gathered together and see two or three surgeons in your area for evaluation. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

There is not enough information to know anything. No photos, no details. Suffice it to say that a thorough exam/discussion with an experienced surgeon would be useful.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD