What can fix my face? Slightly loose tissue/skin, Upper lip turned inward from droopy cheeks and looks short. Hollow lower face?

I had a sudden weight gain and loss which made me look very different and older all o the sudden, I was told I look 13-16 years old. I did a subperiosteal midface lift 2 month ago didn't fix anything but now I look older with wide uneven face (droopy horizontal cheeks and unsmooth face, balance between my eyebrows nose lips lower face is gone, nose looks bigger, eyebrows looks horizontal and lips looks smaller, cheeks are not lifted diagonally and sticks out of side of my face)

Candidate for a Facelift

If you feel that your face does not reflect how young you feel on the inside, a facelift may be the solution to help you look and feel younger. During your consultation, your doctor will evaluate your skin texture and elasticity, as well as your underlying skin structure and your facial bone structure. Based on this evaluation, he/she will create a custom surgical plan, detailing specific techniques and recommendations to meet your goals. Your doctor should make sure you have a full understanding of what results to expect.Always insist on a board certified surgeon!

Facelifting #woundhealing #cosmeticsurgery #BOTOX #tmbcosmeticsurgery

Dear DeformityThank you for your question!  Healing can take a long time post any surgery. You should wait up to 1 year for the surgical results.  In the mean time- you can consider some fillers and  botox to help with shaping.With Warm RegardsTrevor M Born MD

Trevor M. Born, MD

Thank you for your question. At 2 months post op, you are very early in your healing process. Some of the unevenness and dissatisfaction you are experiencing are due to the swelling and bruising. I suggest that you consult with your board certified facial plastic surgeon to review the best recovery practices. Please post pictures on this site to give us more information. Best wises,

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facelift Options

Thank you for your question.  I am sorry that you having difficulties after your midface lift.  I would seek out an expert opinion from a board certified facial plastic or general plastic surgeon, who specializes in facelifting.  At this point, you will still have residual swelling from your original operation, and it would be best that your wait a full 4-6 months before having another operation.  Without pictures, it would be difficult to say exactly what would need to be done to help correct your concerns.  Be sure to discuss this with your surgeon, as well. I hope that this helps!-David Gilpin

David Gilpin, MD
Nashville Facial Plastic Surgeon

How to fix your face

To be honest, 2 months post-op may still be too early to tell exactly what needs to be done as even more swelling will dissipate.  Subperiosteal lifts are known to cause more swelling.  Also need to look at before and after photos to make an accurate assessment.

Johnny Mao, MD, FACS
Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

What can fix my face?

Unfortunately without photos or an exam it is impossible make any specific recommendations. Procedures I commonly perform are fat transfer to resculpt the face. Pictures when the patient was younger is very helpful for this. ThermiTight to tighten skin. Laser to improve skin texture. Traditional brow and face lifts if needed.

Curtis Perry, MD
Downey Facial Plastic Surgeon

Without preoperative and postoperative photos it is hard to really evaluate your face. I would return to
your original plastic surgeon for further recommendations. Obviously it is too soon to perform any type of facelift procedure. You may be a good candidate for smaller procedures or for fat transplantation.

Good luck...

Stanley P. Gulin, MD
Naples Plastic Surgeon

Options for Face Enhancement following a Sub-periosteal Mid-Face Lift

Dear Deformity:Thanks for your question. Unfortunately, without photos and / or a in-person consultation making recommendations is difficult. If and when you should seek a second opinion from a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, please bring in your pre-op photos as well.Sub-periosteal lifts are performed at the deepest layer of tissue, just over the bone. They generally cause more swelling for a longer period of time and provide minimal skin lift. They are usually combined with a skin lift or skin tightening procedure. Options to consider once the swelling has subsided include:
  • Obagi ZO Skin Health, Chemical Peels and Lasers
  • ThermiTIGHT
  • Silhouette InstaLift
I hope this is a helpful step. I wish you the best!

Dean P. Kane, MD, FACS

Face lift

Thank you for your email. I am sorry to learn that you are not happy with the result of your surgery. 1. It would be a good idea for you to express your concerns to your surgeon 2. It is not possible for me to give you reasonable advice without your clinical examination and preoperative photographs. 3. I suggest that you may wish to take a second opinion from a qualified aesthetic plastic surgeon. With very best wishes,

Shailesh Vadodaria, MD
London Plastic Surgeon

Midface lift vs. Facelift

Thank you for sharing. Without photos, I can't provide specific advice. However, in my experience, patients with significant weight loss will have excess skin. A subperiosteal midface lift does NOT remove skin. SO this not likely to be the best procedure in such a patient. These patients need a facelift that addresses the midface. In my practice, this is a deep plane facelift -- with or without a neck lift. Please visit your surgeon to discuss your concerns or seek a second opinion.

Evan Ransom, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon