Where can I find a doctor in MD that performs Botox injections to reduce oil production in face?

Click here to search for board certified surgeons in your area.

Treatment for oily skin

Thank you for your question Blacknbootiful. Oily skin is a common concern. Botox is not the first line treatment for oily skin. For my patients with oily skin I recommend retinoids. These are vitamin A derivatives that have multiple functions: reducing oil production in the skin, stimulating collagen production, and exfoliating dead skin on the surface by stimulating cell turnover. Over the counter versions of retinol are readily available. Stronger prescription strength retinoids include Differin, Retin-A, and Tazorac. I recommend consulting with a doctor to determine what is best for you. Good luck!

Encino Physician

Botox for oily skin

My recommendation would be to find a board certified dermatologist with expertise in botox for this very condition - visit the the American academy of dermatology to find one and do your due diligence from there.

T.G. Khan, DO, FACS
Fort Lee Oculoplastic Surgeon

Botox for oily skin

Botox does work for oily skin as well as combining this treatment with other methods such as Retin-A or salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide.  Please consult an expert. Best, Dr. Green

Botox to Reduce Oil Production in Face

Botox injections will need to be repeated as their effect wears off in 3-6 months. You may want to consider an alternative skin regimen. Acne is caused by many factors -  excessive amounts of sebum, an overproduction of follicle-blocking skin cells, overactive bacteria, and inflammation. It is best to use treatments that take all of that into account.

Having said that, Dr. Anil Shah in Chicago may be able to better direct you as he was the first to publish an article on this particular use of Botox and may have trained other physicians to perform this treatment. The treatment is recommended for those older than 20. Teens still have a chance of clearing their acne on their own. Good luck!

Millicent Odunze-Geers, MD, MPH
Sacramento Physician

Oil gland over activity....

Thank you for your question. Oil gland over activity can be treated by multiple modalities. You should start with a good skin care regiment including rx retin-a or OTC retinol.  Additionally laser treatments like the Clear and Brilliant can be highly successful at reducing oil gland overactivity.  Finally, microbotox injections diffusely across the face typically performed with the aquagold (perhaps check their website?) will yield marked improvement in oil gland overactivity. Please follow up with a board certified Dermatologist who has experience in this treatment. Regards, Dr. Matt Elias

Matthew Elias, DO, FAAD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon