What can I do after the surgery that made me look deformed, older and not achieving anything that was promised by the surgeon?

I had a subperiosteal midface lift, cheeks still as droopy as before but now I have a creepy abnormal face and skin too. I spent a lot of my savings and now going through a hard and long recovery to be disgusted by my face and have a dysfunctional face. If doctor was honest with me and listened to what I wanted, I wasn't in this situation now.

Dysfunctional face from mid face lift

I'm very sorry to hear about your negative experience.  I can understand how upsetting it must be to not achieve the results you were hoping for.  I would suggest you discuss this with the plastic surgeon who did your procedure and perhaps he can examine his work and provide you with an explanation about the results that you are seeing.  You may also want to consider getting a second opinion.  

Dr Philip Solomon

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Midface lift

Midface lifts can be quite aggressive and may require a lengthy recovery.  Photos could help in assessing what to do moving forward.  However, it is important for all swelling to completely resolve before undergoing any further procedures.  You want your cheek soft tissues to feel soft and supple before attempting a revision. Best wishes, Dr. T. 

Facelift

Hello and thank you for your question. I am sorry to hear about your disappointment.  I recommend returning to your surgeon and sharing your concerns.  If you have seen your surgeon multiple times and are still no happy, then seek consultation with a second opinion board-certified plastic surgeon.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Results may change with time

Thanks for the great question and I'm sorry you're not happy with your results. Depending how far you are after surgery, it sometimes takes 6-12 months for all of the swelling to go down and for things to be in the final position. If you are very unhappy with your results then I would make an appointment with your surgeon to express your concerns. As Dr. Epstein recommended, you're always able to see another surgeon for a second opinion. Best of luck to you!~Dr. Sieber

What Can I Do?

I'm sorry you are not happy with your results.  I would continue to discuss your concerns with your doctor and see what they recommend.  They know you and your surgery best.  You are always able to consult with other surgeons to get a second opinion, if you desire.

Dr. Michael Epstein
MAE Plastic Surgery
Northbrook, IL