Could I still safely get SculpSure on my flanks after hip replacement surgery?

I need to have hip replacement surgery, could I still safely get sculpsure on my flanks after surgery?

SculpSure

Thank you for your question. Your hip replacement should not affect the efficacy of SculpSure. If there are any materials in your hip that respond poorly with laser treatment, then your board certified facial plastic surgeon will address those in your consultation and will operate the SculpSure to avoid those areas.

I suggest that you move forward and consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

SculpSure is FDA approved

Thanks for your question. There is no data suggesting undesired interference with SculpSure for the “flanks” and hip replacement. SculpSure is FDA approved for the upper/lower abdomen and the flanks. Please double check with your doctor to confirm you are a candidate. Best, Dr. Katz

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Sculpsure on the flanks

Sculpsure treatment on the flanks should not cause any problems after hip replacement surgery. Good luck.

Renata Wix-Harris, MD
Livingston Physician

You can definitely do Sculpsure on your flanks after a hip replacement. i did!!!

about 5 weeks ago i did Sculpsure on my flanks and i had a total hip replacement about 18 months ago. no problems at all from the treatment.

david berman md

David E. Berman, MD
Sterling Plastic Surgeon

Sculpture and Coolsculpting

Either can be safely done on the flank area.  It is best to get an in person consultation on the benefits of each procedure and your particular medical conditions first and consult an expert. Best, Dr. Green

Sculpsure for the flanks after hip surgery

The area for hip surgery is the upper outer thigh area. The flanks are usually considered the area above the pelvic brim , on the sides of the abdomen. Therefore , the Sculpsure pads should be well away from your area of surgery. I don't foresee a problem with you having  Sculpsure of the "flanks".

Sculpsure after surgery

Thank you for the question and I hope that all goes well with her hip surgery.  Sculpsure in a non invasive body contouring treatment that reduces the amount of fat in the area of treatment.  Typically, those areas are the abdomen and love handles. You should be able to have the treatment since the areas would not be at the site of your surgery.  Your only consideration would be the ability to position yourself comfortably for at least twenty five minutes while having the treatment.

SculpSure After Surgery

There would be no problem treating your flanks with SculpSure post surgery, however as others have mentioned, we cannot treat over any area with loss of sensation. SculpSure is a very safe procedure and there are very few contraindications, however it is important to let your SculpSure provider know previous medications & procedures to ensure safety.

Dennis Gross, MD

Getting the Results You Want with Sculpsure or VASER HI DEF

Sculpsure could only be done in all areas there are fat there is no risk over your replacement. it really doesn't go deep enough to affect the hip.  I suggest hi definition sculpting to ensure the best options as hi def lipo may be a better choice. I recommend getting a formal evaluation for best options. Best, Dr. Emer.

SculpSure after hip surgery

This should be no problem unless you have residual numbness to any areas. Also I would wait until your scars are fully healed. Otherwise you should be fine doing SculpSure treatments. 

Pamela Stuart, MD
San Jose Physician