How to get rid of the hollowness from under my eyes? (Photos)

How do I get rid of the hollowness under my eyes? I have done several injections with fillers and I feel that there is only a little improvement. How do I permanently remove the hollowness under my eyes? I heard fat will create clumps and is difficult to fix.

Doctor Answers 6

Under eye treatment options

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thank you for your question and pictures. Have you been going to the same physician every time for the fillers? You look young, so I would most likely not recommend surgery yet. You should find a board certified plastic surgeon who has extensive experience in performing filler injections below the eyes to make sure you are getting the best results possible. I also recommend consulting with a few different physicians to make sure you are getting the best advice possible. If after this you still are not happy with the results of the filler injections, then you can look into surgery. But in your case, I believe a skilled injector can provide you with the results you deserve. 

Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 18 reviews

Under eye hollows

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Pre-injection evaluation and technique is the key to good results!

You are young with tight skin.  I think you would do very well with filler placed right on the portion of the bone that supports the eye as well as the lower eyelid.  This will give the lower eyelid more support.

If you have had fillers superficially in the lower eyelid, it may be best to dissolve them with hyaluronidase.

Fat grafting works if fillers aren't enough!

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Like everything it's all about the technique!  Delivers generally work really well for someone like you. If you've tried fillers and have not been satisfied fat grafting works really well. Fat grafting can be done and injected in the lower lid in microscopic injections that generally do not cause irregularity. Clearly some irregularity may happen and in that case you can have a second procedure. In addition, fat has embryonic stem cells which makes the skin and the quality of the surrounding area improve.

Carlos Wolf, MD
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 70 reviews

How to get rid of the hollowness from under my eyes?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

It appears you have excess filler in upper cheek area which can actually make the under eyes look more hollow. See an oculoplastic specialist for evaluation. The existing filler may need to be dissolved partially. Other options exist for filling too.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 91 reviews

Under eye area

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

If you have been unhappy with the results from fillers, you may want to look into surgery.  Seek an experienced board certified surgeon who can discuss the pros and cons of the surgery with you.  If you are not ready to have surgery you may try a different type of filler and consider some laser work as well.

Camille Cash, MD
Houston Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 36 reviews

Say Good-bye To Hollowness Under the Eye--Fillers, lasers, microneedling/prp

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

The dark circles you have are genetic and can be improved either with surgery or fillers, lasers, and microneedling/PRP. My patients try to get non surgical treatments to avoid surgery. We use PRP and stem cells often. I suggest consulting with an expert to develop a treatment plan best suited for your short and long term goals. Best, Dr. Emer.

Jason Emer, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 207 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.