What procedure would you recommend for my nose? (photos)

I don't have any problem with my nose from a profile view, but it's the front that bothers me. All of the rhinoplasty images I've seen are to change the profile view, so I'm not sure what procedure would be used to slim my nose. Please share your thoughts.

What procedure would you recommend for my nose?

Greetings

Thank you for your question and photo. 

There are different kinds of rhinoplasty operations however we can divide them as the one that requires bone excision and the one that does not need bone excision. The main fact that we classify the rhinoplasty operations like that is that the results and postoperative period is associated closely with this fact. In the operations like “nasal tip correction”, “simple rhinoplasty” there is no need for a bone excision however these minor operations cannot be beneficial for everyone. The operation type is need to be determined by the surgeon according to needs of the patient. In these minor operations the rhinoplasty is performed with closed method. The bone and the cartilage tissues are not involved in the surgery directly. Small nasal bumps can be removed in these operations.

In the operation that needs the bone and cartilage tissues to be involved; open approach is used. In the procedures with open approach, the size, shape and functionality of the nose can be improved. The big nasal bumps can be removed and septal deviations can be corrected providing a better nasal airway.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Dear Allie,

Thanks for submitting your pictures. From observing your pictures you appear to have wide bridge, wide alar base and alar curve, especially when smiling. Your tip of the nose is either a little droopy or the columella is retracted. Also, your nose seems to be deviated to the right, but that might be due to wrong head position.

All these imperfections can be corrected, however, rhinoplasty is an intricate and complex procedure, requiring experience, skills and aesthetic eye on the part of the surgeon. So do your due diligence carefully and choose your surgeon wisely. to avoid bad outcome and corrective procedure.

Always, consult with experienced board certified plastic surgeons who operate in accredited surgery center for your safety. Most importantly, check the before and after pictures, to make sure that they are numerous, consistent and attractive with nice balance and harmony which are the definition of beauty.

Dr Widder

Rhinoplasty candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Rhinoplasty

You need to be seen in person to properly evaluate your nose. The side and 3/4 view as well as a worm's eye view are helpful.  

Rhinoplasty To Improve Frontal View

The nose is make of approximately half bone (the upper half), and half cartilage (the lower half). To narrow your nose, both of these structures must be addressed, and can be addressed. I suggest you make an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon who has years of experience. Some of us will also do over-the-phone or Skype interviews that are preliminary to an in-office examination. Please do your research carefully, and find a board certified plastic surgeon with rhinoplasty expertise, good reviews, and a strong education.

Rhinoplasty to narrow a wide nose

A rhinoplasty procedure can accomplish narrowing a wide nose. To narrow the wide nose requires osteotomies placed in the nasal bones which narrows them in addition to the upper lateral cartilages in the mid--portion of the nose. A tip rhinoplasty is required to narrow the nasal tip cartilages which may include suture techniques or a conservative cartilage removal. Thick skin in the tip of the nose will be a significant impediment to seeing refinement in the tip area. When patients have wide nostrils, an alar-plasty is performed. For more information  and many examples of narrowing a wide nose from the frontal view, please see the link and the video below

If the appearance of your nose concerns you, it can be improved with an artistically performed rhinoplasty. What would be the best option and exact procedure would depend on an examination and discussion about desired outcome.

Keep in mind that following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do and technically how to do it based on two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best interest. Natural appearing results need to be individualized and what is appropriate for one patient is not necessarily the best for someone else. I would suggest that you find a surgeon with extensive rhinoplasty experience certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or a facial plastic surgeon(otolaryngologist) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, M.D., FACS 

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement. Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question and photograph.

I would recommend scheduling a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to have a nasal examination performed and review of your medical history to determine whether you are a good candidate for rhinoplasty. You should be able to achieve narrowing your nose without affecting the projection too much. Your nose may be narrowed with osteotomies and you may benefit from a tip rhinoplasty to reduce the size of the tip of your nose, if it is large or bulbous, which includes trimming the lower lateral cartilages and placing precision sutures to refine the tip and make it look more pleasing and proportional to the rest of your face. Best of luck in your endeavors.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon