I'm 10 days post. I got my stitches out, I started using a compression garment from thighs to breast and I feel better (Photo)

but I am still having this marks from the rolling of the garment every time I sit or move around. Dr. Got me worried since he said those marks can stay permanent and I will eventually need a touch up, I am still very swollen and since the garment is tight I can't control that to happen. Should I get a compression board to prevent those marks on my skin? thanks

Swelling , some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.
At this point (10 days post-po) the swelling is normal.
To reduce it, I recommend you perform daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the abdomen and wear a postoperative girdle from thigh to the breasts.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Liposuction garment question

It is always best to follow your surgeon's advice. Discuss your concerns with them. I've never seen a garment leave permanent marks on any of my patients. If I was concerned that a garment was too tight or inappropriate I would exchange it for an appropriate garment or ask  the patient to discontinue garment use. The use of garments is much debated. Many surgeons feel that they do not improve or alter the end result after healing is complete.

Tummy Tuck Revision/Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/High Definition Procedures

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

I started using a compression garment

Hello dear, thanks for your information and provided pictures as well. I recommend to all my patients to use epi foams and a abdominal board under the garment to prevent those marks and also you are going to feel confortable. But I recommend to talk about this with your surgeon, because each surgeon has their own policy. 

Good luck :)

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Compression marks after tell me tuck.

It's a little hard to tell from the photos, but things look like they're healing nicely. At 10 days out you're still very swollen. If the compression garments feel good and you like to wear them, but they're leaving marks when you sit where they fold, you might consider wearing a thin layer of foam against your skin beneath the garments. 

Contact your doctor and see if he feels this to be a good idea. 

Hope this helps 

Robert Sigal, MD

Robert K. Sigal, MD
Reston Plastic Surgeon