Day 5 post op tummy tuck - dents. (photos)

I am concerned about the dents on my waist, the doctor said is from the binder after the surgery and the 2 day days after. I started lymphatic massage because of that issue, i am very bruised, my back, my legs especially. Dr. said I am healing good and I am not very swollen. Another issue I have is my incision, the right part is painful to any touch is seem not to be healing it hurts really bad, the staples are still in place until Monday.

Day 5 post op tummy tuck - dents.

Early in the healing process, swelling can be significant and can alter the contours tremendously.  It is always best to ask these questions of your chosen surgeon as recommendations may be different.

5 days post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.
At this point (5 days post-po) the swelling is normal.
To reduce it, I recommend you perform daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the abdomen and wear a postoperative girdle from thigh to the breasts.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Day 5 post op tummy tuck - dents.

It is too early to judge the results. Let the swelling go down and give it at least 3 months as things will improve. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Day 5 post tummy tuck

Please be patient! You are only 5 days post op and you will find your body will continue to change as time goes by. Your body is swollen and needs time to heal. Congrats on your surgery!

Arthur Shektman, MD
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs and congratulations on your tummy tuck.  In the early days of the recovery period there can be a significant amount of soft tissue swelling and pleating of the tissues that can cause the appearance of a contour irregularity.  Much of these issues tend to resolve over time as your healing matures.  I know waiting is difficult but allow yourself more time to heal before worrying about your final outcome.   Best wishes.

Tummy tuck

You are very early in the healing process and have to give it time to settle down. Best of luck with your results.

Dents after tummy tuck?

Congratulations on your tummy tuck. I think you look great. The swelling, bruising and dents are normal and they tend to get better over time. Speak with your plastic surgeon, but also follow their instructions closely. Best, Dr. ALDO

Aldo Guerra, MD

Post op pain

It is very common to be in discomfort and pain at 5 days post op. Speak with your surgeon if it doesn't improve. In terms of your results, it is way too soon to judge. Be patient and kind to yourself as your body heals. 

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/Vaser High Definition Procedures/Tummy Tuck Revision

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon