How does it look? Can I start with the lymphatic massage now? (Photo)

The binder was cutting some parts on the side where the bruises are, is this looks ok? Can I start with limphatic massage now?

How does it look? Can I start with the lymphatic massage now?

I do not recommend lymphatic massages as I have seen hematomas caused by them.  It is always best to ask these questions of your chosen surgeon as recommendations may be different.

Lymphatic massage post tummy tuck

Hello!

Looks like you had surgery very recently. It is best to discuss postoperative treatments around your surgical site with your plastic surgeon. I personally would not recommend you start undergoing lymphatic massage at this point. So far though, looks good.

Michele A. Shermak, MD

Lymphatic massage

Dear Antu,

Thanks for submitting your pictures. It appears bruised more than usual, but you don't appear to have a hematoma. Have you seen your surgeon with this appearance ? It is probably a good idea to call your surgeon's office and arrange for a follow up appointment.

As far as lymphatic massage, I have never recommended it to my patients in over 29 years of practice. I do not see any advantage in doing it and there are no studies that show any benefit from it. If you insist on having it done, I would suggest to wait 3 weeks after surgery, in order to let the wound heal well and avoid dehiscence of the skin flap.

I hope this helps,

Dr Widder

Massage

You have to talk to your surgeon to see what type of post-operative instructions he wants you to follow.

Lymphatic massage after tummy tuck

The short answer is yes. Lymphatic massage, or a light effleurage toward nodal drainage basins, is a really benign thing to do that helps swelling in the skin. It's hard to tell how far after surgery you are, although it looks like about a week. Check with your surgeon, but my 23 years of experience would suggest that lymphatic massage won't hurt anything now.

Robert K. Sigal, MD
Reston Plastic Surgeon