I need a face and neck lift but I'm wondering if a cosmetic dermatologist could help with lasers?

Will Frazel or some of the other lazers improve a sagging neck and lower face (jowels). I'm worried about under going a general anethesia for regular surgery since I am in my early 70's

The Ulthera®, or Ultherapy® is the current gold standard laser for lifting and tightening of the skin and underlying tissue of the neck, jawline and cheeks. The procedure often requires only one treatment session every 3 years or so, and carries with it only 2-3 days of mild swelling. 

Miami Dermatologist

Thank you for your question. It is very hard to say if laser treatments will give you the results you desire without an examination. I would advise consulting with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for available treatment options that will be best for you.

Sagging Skin and Laser Treatments

Thermage is a fabulous laser to help tighten the skin and treat the jowls and neck non-surgically.  I often suggest Thermage for patients who do not want to have general anesthesia.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist who has a great deal of experience with these lasers.

Fractional laser for neck laxity

There is an amazing procedure called InMode Fractora that with high energy settings can help tighten the skin and create new collagen in the area. I have done over 300 necks with this procedure and it just requires local anesthetic to numb the area. See my website for information and some of my photos on this site as well. I think it is the best thing for neck laxity and for many people takes the place of needing surgery.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

Lasers and Sagging

there are no lasers that help replace surgical treatment of skin laxity.  I suggest a formal consultation to determine what is best for you.

What is fraxel

Fraxel is a laser skin rejuvenation treatment that resurfaces your outer skin, erasing imperfections. It also encourages the production of collagen, a protein found in connective tissue.The result is clearly visible lines, folds and wrinkles. Fraxel laser skin rejuvenation is a non-invasive technique that affects only about 20 percent of the facial skin exposed to it. The most common side effects of Fraxel laser treatment are swelling and skin redness, which should subside within a couple of days. Other temporary side effects may include minor itching, dry skin, peeling or flaking, and a bronzed skin appearance. The risk of infection or scarring is very limited.

Elliot M. Heller, MD